Chapter 37: The Heart Wants What It Wants

.............Sorry I stole the title from Selena Gomez, the title just kept coming back to me so I thought I should post the song too!!.................

Jack pulls me aside without any of the girls noticing and we head towards Ren room.

"I think I may have some idea about what this about, and I just want to let you know that I support you whatever decision you make." Jacks says and I just go in to give him a hug and did not explain further. I then took a deep breath and pushed open the doors. I found Ren sitting in his chair and Roze standing against a bookshelf, and they both made movements towards me.

"I understand that you have called us here together today to tell us something." Ren says to me with questioning eyes.

"Yes, I feel that I owe it to both of you to explain my feelings and thought it would be best for you to hear it together." I reply.

"Go ahead Anise, we are both prepared to accept your decision whatever that may be." Ren replies encouraging me. I let out a half smile and walk closer to both of them.

"Okay I have been very conflicted with this decision and have been trying to figure out how I feel about both of you for a while now. I have to tell you that I love both of you. I know that I don't love both of you in the same way. My head was telling me to choose based on practicality and who makes sense to be with you. My heart was not always as loud and didn't speak as strongly but it became very clear to me through my dreams who I made promises to." I then walked over to Ren and clasped his hands in mine.

"I have strong feelings for you, but I think you know too that I am not the right woman for you! I have enjoyed being your friend and confidante ,but I don't think that I should become Queen based on friendship." I then dropped his hands and he looked at me with sad eyes.

"I don't agree with what you say Anise, I think we are more than friends, would you not feel anything stronger over time with me?"

"I am sorry Ren, I know you will not be able to understand my feelings." I say and then I walk over to Roze.

"Roze I remember our promises, I know you were going to find me and wait for me and bring me back to you."

"You can remember the past now?" Roze asks excitedly.

"I had two dreams and in them I remember saying goodbye to you, and you were so upset, but you promised you would find me again and we could be together. I am sorry I couldn't remember that but I realized that my heart was telling me who I loved and still love. The dream or memory made me so sad that we were departing from each other that it made my heart ache, I don't want my heart to ache again." Roze then pulled me into a hug and I whispered to him that I wanted some time alone with Ren and he slightly pouted but agreed and then stepped out of the room.

"It is okay Anise, I understand your feelings and I will not do anything to you or Roze. I do not want to be the one to force myself upon you"

"Thank you Ren, I was hoping that you would let us be together since I am your concubine?" I say.

"Yes I will take away your concubine status but you will have to wait until I pick someone else. You will have to keep you and Roze under wraps until I chose a bride."

"Yes, I understand and I won't say anything to anyone until you feel the time is right."

Ren sighs, "I think that will take some time! and the time is running short of me picking a concubine! I don't know what to do?" I go over and pat his shoulder.

"You are King, you will do what is right!" I say and he lifts his head up and pulls me against him and his lips find me and he kisses me so passionately, I gasp for air when he is done.

"I had to give you at least one final kiss before you belong to my brother" Ren says mischievously. I hit his shoulder and tell him to cut it out. I then turn on my heel and head for the door.

"Anise, it really is okay, I hope you will take good care of my brother" I turn around and give him a smile and wave to show I understand and walk out the door.

As soon I get out the door I feel an arm pulling me.

"Roze, what, where are we going." Roze doesn't say anything but pulls me into the dark tunnel.

"What are we doing?" I ask.

"I wanted to to talk to you but I realize that no one else can know about us right now and I think this is a good way for us to be alone. We stand close to the fire torch on the wall and I can feel his breath against my skin as he talks. He stops and grins.

"What are you smirking about over there" I ask.

"Well you picked me! I really didn't think it was going to be me! I am very happy"

"Well I can't help what my heart is feeling, and I don't have the strength to fight against it! but I do think I deserve an apology!"

"Yes I am sure you deserve many but which one are you talking about!"

"Well I think starting from when we first met you sure were a jerk"

"You are right, I was going through a lot of my own issues then and I was taking out my anger on Ren in every way that I could." Roze then pulls me into a hug. "I am truly sorry for raising my hand against you, it is so unforgivable that I would hurt you in such a brutish way, I promise I will never hurt you physically or in any way again"

"Well I don't know if I believe you" I say standing my ground.

"Will this help you believe me?" Roze says and then lowers his lips on my cheeks and starts kissing each cheek and then all over my face. I feel myself being taken away by his touch and feel reassured.

"I think I believe you now" I say and grab his collar and decide to reciprocate and pull him until are lips touch and I move my lips gently against him and the I open my mouth and with my teeth I give a tug on his lower lip.

"Oww Anise," Roze says and pulls his lip away from me. "What was that for?"

"I just wanted to remind you not to mess again with me!" I say and then started laughing. I then went past him and ran back into the palace.