Chapter 20: Whirlwind Wedding

I get out of the carriage with my luggage and I run up the driveway and yell as soon as I get through the door

"I'm home family" I say loudly. I hear feet running from around the house to the door.

"Anise, you are here?" My mom says, as she was the first one to spot me and soon everyone has gathered at the front door.

"Yes, I was let out for good behavior!" I say.

"Wow, I would have never thought that you would have been able to come home! what a special surprise" Mom says. Everyone then takes a turn hugging me and telling me about the wedding details. I sit down with them to have supper.

"So who is the lucky lady that is marrying Hollis?" I ask.

"She is Reina, I knew her through school and we reconnected recently. I just felt like we are at the age where it would be good to be married" Hollis explains.

"Oh yeah, I remember her a bit from school, she seemed nice" I say.

"Seriously how did you get home so quickly?" Wren asks.

"Well I personally asked the Prince if I could go home, and obviously he is pleased with me so I was allowed to go home!" I say.

"Well you may even become the Queen, if he thinks so highly of you" Wren says.

"Oh I doubt that, there is fierce competition in that area" I say.

"You sure look different though, I don't remember you ever wearing dresses" Bay says.

"I know, I am not sure if I can get used to the clothing,  plus they got rid of all of my clothing I brought so I didn't really have a choice!" I say. We spent the rest of the evening chatting and sharing everything that we missed.

I caught my mom and dad later alone and decided I needed to ask them some questions.

"Mom, Dad, I really think we need to talk about something" I say.

"What is is honey?" Mom asks.

"I was talking to Sage, who is a doctor now at the palace, and he explained to me that to have my purple hair, one of my parent's has to be Tyrian" I say.

"What are you talking about Anise. You just have purple hair, it is strange but we are both Cerulean so Sage is simply wrong" Dad says and then gets up. "We are done discussing this" He continues and then leaves the room.

"Anise, there is nothing that I can say on the subject and it is getting late" Mom says patting my hand and also leaves. I can hear them arguing in the next room and then silence. I am not even sure from their reactions that I even want to know the truth. I go to my room which has been left the same. Hollis walks into my room.