Chapter 17: Necklace Mystery Unraveled

The next day I wanted to test this theory and while Daisy was getting me ready I asked her to take off my pearl necklace. She then put my amethyst necklace back on.

"Daisy do I look different than before?" I asked.

"Now that you mention it you do like a bit different" Daisy replied. I then decided to try it out on other people. I took my pearl necklace with me in my pocket and hid it away for now. I then joined the girls for breakfast.

"Anise, you look off again today, but I am okay with this look" Celine replies as soon as she sees me. Okay so this necklace obviously affects my appearance, which means I have to come up with the best way to utilize the necklace to get me home. I excuse myself to go to the bathroom. I run into Jack on the way and of course comments on my terrible appearance. I explain I have to use the washroom and when I come back everything will be fine. When I come back and rejoin everybody everything goes back to normal and the day continues as usual.

Later in the afternoon we are given a break from our classes and I decide to write my family a letter. In the letter I explain that everything is fine and that I am being treated very well. The prince is very nice and gentle and that I think there is a possibility that I could still be sent home. I tell them how much I miss them and wish I could be with all of them. I also demand to know what is happening and if any of the boys are getting into trouble especially with girls. I also write a separate letter to Wren and I explain more details about everything and how the princes are twins and how they have treated me. I feel like I need help deciphering their feelings for me, if they are just using me or playing with me ? Once I finish writing the letters I start to feel a little bit better since I let out all my emotions on the page.

I sealed up each letter and decided to take a walk through the grounds. I also was going to find the person to help send my letters. I walk to the front of the palace and find the guard at the door and I explain I want to send some letters. He takes them for me, and tells they will be sent out soon and that I had good timing. I explain that I am going to walk the grounds and look at the garden. I start walking and enjoy the air and sunshine. It is a bit of a hot today so I try to stay in the shade. I walk a good while and enjoy the fancy gardens the palace grounds have. I find a bench and decide to sit and enjoy the fresh air. I feel my eyes grow heavy and close them for a little while. I feel something cover my eyes and I jerk my eyes open to darkness.

"Guess who" the voice says.

"I don't know is it Prince Ren" I say thinking the voice sounded like him but brighter.

"Oh wrong, and that hurts my pride" the voice is lowered and whispered in my ear. He takes his hands away and see his face. It still looks like Ren, but I understand that it is Roze.

"I am sorry, but I cannot help that you both look alike and also sound alike" I explain. I feel the fear fill my heart.

"Well what are you doing out here my pretty flower" Roze says.

"I am just enjoying the sun, but the real question is what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well I come in from the side and going through the garden, it is an easier way to get around but today is my lucky day since I finally get to see your face without having to find you" Roze replies.

"I don't think that you really like me? I do not think you even understand what that means!" I say.

"Oh are you feeling sassy today?" Roze says with his eyebrows up.

"You do not really like me, so do not even worry about it! You just think you do?" I reply. Roze cocks his head to one side.

"So you think that I do not understand my own heart? I felt it the moment I bumped into you! my heart started to ache and I felt my heart wake up" Roze says as he pulls me close. My head against his chest I could hear his heart beat in rhythm. I feel my body relax in his arms and I take a deep breath and his scent lingers around me. It was an earthy scent with a hint of a spicy cinnamon smell.

"See you are  having a reaction also to my heartbeat!" Roze says.

"I don't know what is wrong with me? everything is wrong!" I say admitting to my actions.

"I wish we had more time, but there are some things that I need to get done before it gets too late" Roze says while pulling away from me.

"Well I am not stopping you! you are the one that is bothering me!" I say feeling embarrassed.

"Whatever you say!" Roze says as he starts walking away. "By the way I am happy that you are feeling better!" he says then runs on ahead.

Why do I let a guy like that rile me up. Seriously he is so cocky and full of himself, but yet I cannot hate him even after the way he has treated me. I have to admit, something about those twins have some power over me.