Chapter 34: Thorny Honesty

I didn't know if I really wanted to leave, but knew I needed to leave. I got up and we said goodbye and I headed out of his room. At least I know how to get back to my room from Ren's room. I start heading down the hallway and took a few turns and then I saw Roze walking down the hallway. I didn't really want to have to talk to him today. He looks up and sees me and I decide to just give in and I stop in my tracks. He looks away and walks past me.

" Hi Roze, I heard you came back" I say to him.

"You should address me as your majesty or Prince Roze" He replies not even looking at me or stopping and continues on. I realize he must be very angry at me right now. I guess I had overstepped my bounds with him and now he is going to punish me. I sigh and I can't even apologize because he had already left. I went to bed thinking of how I could smooth things out between me and Roze.

"Ani, you are such a good girl" I hear and feel someone brushing my hair. I then sit up straight in bed. I realize that I was having a dream and I lay back in bed and relax. I wonder if that was Mother? but she called me Ani so it must be my real mother. I sigh and wish I could have seen more of what she looked like. Daisy comes in shortly after and helps me get dressed and I join the other girls. After we finish breakfast Jack tells us there is going to be an announcement from Ren. We all wait and Ren comes in and says hello and gives us some information about upcoming events and nothing out of the ordinary. 

"On to something which you may have heard more about is that my twin brother Prince Roze has joined us at the palace and will be joining us in our activities from now on. He has taken up his official role which he had not done when you girls just got here. So I want to introduce you to him this is Prince Roze." Roze walks into the room and he is wearing his official suit in black with a red sash across his shoulders. I had never seen him in a suit before and he seemed so different to me.

"Hello girls, thanks for the warm welcome! I hope to be able to see all of you often" Roze says sounding like trouble. All the girls are chattering away in excitement about finally being able to meet Prince Roze. The two princes then promptly left us all alone and everyone continued talking about him what felt like the rest of the day.

I didn't get to see either princes for a while as they were busy with all their work, and us girls were busy with some guests that had come to stay. We were busy putting on performances but yet we were kept at a distance this time with the guests.

The girls were all talking about Roze and how they could get close to him especially if Prince Ren wouldn't choose them. They were already trying to get their backup plan in order. I decide to leave because I didn't want to hear anymore talk about the princes. I decide to walk outside since the guests finally left and we were allowed some time to ourselves. I take a deep breath when I get to the roses and feel the silky soft feeling of the petals. I decide to pluck a rose from the bush and when I pulled it off I felt a sting on my finger. I lift up my finger and and see the blood rolling down my finger.

"This is why you should only look and not touch" I hear and turn around and see Ren standing in front of me.

"I am sorry the rose was just so beautiful I wanted to take it with me" I say. Ren comes over and takes a handkerchief from his pocket and wraps my finger it in and holds it for me putting pressure to stop the bleeding.

"If you want some flowers I could just request it for you in your room"

"I would love that if the gardener could pick different flowers that are blooming!" I say a bit excitedly.

"Well I would love to supply you with some happiness!" Ren says smiling. I pull my finger away and check my finger and it has stopped bleeding.

"Thanks for the medical help!" I say and hand it back to him. He puts it away put then grabs my hand and intertwines it with his and pulls me over to a bench.

"Anise there is something that I need to tell you" 

"Okay what is it?"

"Anise you have been there for me when I was trouble, you have been supporting me since the minute that you came to the palace. I have some strong responsibilities but being with you always made me feel lighthearted and made me want to become a better man. I may not have allowed my feelings for you to always shine through especially because of all the other women that surround us. I need to tell you that I think I am in love with you, and I am not sure how you feel but you are the only girl that enraptures all of me."

"Wow, I wasn't expecting this right now." I say regretting letting that come out of my mouth.

"Don't worry I just wanted to let you in on my feelings, and I will give you time before I ask for your response to my feelings, I just couldn't go on any longer without telling you, especially because Roze is here and could influence you in bad way." 

"Thank you I will consider everything and with Prince Roze, I wouldn't worry about it he is really angry with me."

"That doesn't make me feel any better it just shows his passion for you." Ren says and sighs. I look away uncomfortably.

"I don't want to keep you, I am sure there is somebody looking for you now." I say and stand up.

"Okay, I will leave you for now, but the next time I come to meet with you alone I will expect a reply to my feelings." Ren said and touched my hand and then he left me alone reeling from everything I had just heard. Sure I had some suspicions but that could still not prepare me for hearing his feelings out loud.