Chapter 14: Chosen

Ren is waiting for us, he stands up and waits for us. I finally take a good look at him. He is very handsome with his light skin and purple glowing through him. He is muscular but more on the lean side. His deep purple eyes are mesmerizing and his well angular shaped face looks perfect. I feel intimidated not only because of his handsome looks, but also because he is going to be king. He has the kingly weighty presence with him that feels overwhelming. We go and curtsey and bow our heads low. I feel embarrassed with our dance outfits now and feel exposed and not covered up.

"Welcome Anise and Holly, I hope you are finding things to your liking here" Ren says while he searches my eyes. I lower mine out of embarrassment I can't believe he watched me have a panic attack. We both say that everything is wonderful. I feel Ren searching my eyes looking concerned and I just wished he would focus on something else. Ren pulls out a necklace made of sapphire for Holly and she gladly receives it and places it around her neck. It seems like such an intimate moment that I felt uncomfortable sitting there. He asks if she accepts her role as a concubine and she gladly accepts, and he then sends her back to the dance class.

"Anise, are you really okay? you haven't had any attacks since?" Ren asks and my face turns hot and feel like my face is turning bluer.

"Yes your majesty I am fine" I say flatly, looking down. Ren gets up and takes my hand.

"I do not wish for you to be unhappy, but my brother seems to have marked you for himself, so even if I would send you back home he would most likely come find you" Ren explains. I look up at him in his eyes.

"You mean I am trapped either way" I ask. Ren chuckles.

"I would not put it that way, but I will try to take care of you as the best I can. I feel my brother is dangerous, and I would be terribly worried if he would take you away" Ren says and lightly pats my head. "What upset you do terribly the other day ?" Ren asks gently.

"Ahh, well it was Prince Roze, he came to see me in my room and said upsetting things to me" I reply.

"I thought so, but I wish you would have told me" Ren replies. I look at him and see some hurt in his eyes.

"I'm sorry your majesty, I was unsure of what to do" I say.

"I want you to know that you can tell me anything and I will try to help you the best I can" Ren says. Ren then pulls out a necklace for me it was a beautiful marquise shaped deep purple necklace. Ren asked if I accept the necklace and I nodded. Ren clasped the necklace around my neck and when he finished he lowered his head to my neck and I could feel his breath on my neck and I shivered. I felt his lips brush softly against my neck and felt my whole body heat up.

"Thank you your majesty" I say.

"Your welcome Anise, you may go back to your class" He replies. I leave the room as quickly as I can and I feel very weak. I feel like lying down rather than continuing with class. I finally made it back to the rest of the girls.

"Anise what kind of necklace did you get?" Holly asks. I lift it up for her to see.

"Wow I am jealous of you Anise he gave you a purple necklace! is there any hidden meaning in that?" Holly says.

"No of course not, I am sure that he has given somebody else a amethyst stone?" I say.

"No I do not think so, I have been checking out everyone else's necklace and yours is the only amethyst, and the only one with marquise shape" Celine answers.

"Well I don't think there is any deep meaning in that and besides not everyone has gotten their necklace yet" I say.

"Well haven't you heard that the harem is getting narrowed down to 10 girls" Celine says.

"What how come I never heard about this? Does that mean some girls are being sent home" I say.

"Yes that is right I guess it really isn't necessary to have so many girls hanging around" Celine says.

"Does that mean the girls that aren't getting necklaces are being sent home? was this a secret?" Holly asks.

"Yes I think so they wanted us to not act like we were in a competition even though we obviously are!" Celine says. This shocks me, I thought I would have been sent home with the rest of the girls, but now I can't.

"The only girls making it out of our section are us three" Celine says.

"I was given this beautiful emerald necklace" Celine shows off proudly.

"It is very nice Celine" Holly answers.

"Excuse me girls I need to find Jack" I answer. I go and start looking for Jack and finally find him a while later.

"Jack, I need to talk to Prince Ren" I say.

"You have already received your necklace why do you need to talk to him again?" Jacks says.

"I think their has been a mistake and I need to clarify it with him. I know it is horribly rude to talk to him without him summoning me but I really have to, please help me Jack" I reply.

"Well since I think you are the most pretty and my favorite flower, I will see what I can do" Jack whispers to me.

"Thank you sooo much Jack" I say. Jack then leaves and seems to be gone for a long time while I wait. Jack then finally reappears and tells me that Prince Ren will have time after supper to talk to me. I shake Jack's hand tell him thank you. I go join the other girls in the dining room for supper. I notice that the girls there really have dwindled to 10. I don't really understand, I have had trouble with the classes that I have been taking. I have no talent with dancing, history, singing, or beauty classes. There were so many more pretty girls that have been kicked out of the harem.