4. Harry's Trial

Over the next few days as the others cleaned the adults taught me everything there was to know. I passed the first and second-year exams with no problem. Professor Snape had come in and started teaching me potions. I passed those exams well too, he said I was one of the least terrible students he had had in a while.

The third-year exams had come and gone. They were harder as I now had added on 3 more subjects. I was also told they were going to teach me to fly sometime before school started. Also, let's just say I hate divination. It reminds me too much of the prophecies Rachel spewed that ruined everyone's lives. Not her fault, but still.

We were eating dinner the day before his trial when Molly spoke, "I've ironed your best clothes for tomorrow morning, Harry, and I want you to wash your hair tonight too. A good first impression can work wonders."

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny all stopped talking and looked over at him.

Harry nodded. "How am I getting there?" he asked Molly, trying to sound unconcerned.

"Arthur's taking you to work with him and Natalia will be joining you," Molly told him gently. Arthur smiled encouragingly at Harry across the table.

"You both can wait in my office until it's time for the hearing," he said.

Harry looked over at Sirius, but before he could ask the question, Molly had answered it.

"Professor Dumbledore doesn't think it's a good idea for Sirius to go with you, and I must say I —"

"— think he's quite right," said Sirius through clenched teeth. Molly pursed her lips.

"When did Dumbledore tell you that?" Harry said, staring at Sirius.

"He came last night when you were in bed," said Arthur. Harry looked down at his food and played with it.

"It'll be okay. They can't expel you and they can't do anything to you as long as I'm there," I told him.

Ron scoffed, "How can you promise that when you don't even know magic." I look over at him, "Yeah, we all know about the order members teaching you. You are only just starting fourth-year stuff. How are you supposed to protect him against the ministry?"

"I don't need to rely on magic for that. I have my ways, stuff that you don't need to know, but should be afraid of," I tell him as the atmosphere gets colder and somehow the already dimly lit room gets even darker.

Molly decides to speak up to clear the air, "Natalia, do you need any clothes ironed?"

"No, I can wash my clothes I'm fine, thank you," I nodded at her. I just don't want her to worry about all the holes or wash them incorrectly. I've had the same clothes for years. Bought clothes once and haven't been shopping since. Well, other than that one time with Bella where neither of us actually bought anything we just saw a movie. And she went psyco and got on a random guys motorcycle.  

"Do you know what you're going to wear?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Probably the clothes I came here in," I said honestly. They are the nicest clothes I have at the moment.

"You can't wear that to the ministry they'll frown upon that, it could count against Harry," Hermione said worriedly.

"You can borrow some of mine or Hermione's clothes," Ginny offers.

"Look, nothing against either of you, but I'm not wearing something that screams–"

"Poor?" Ginny asks, glaring at me.

"Happy," I finish with a condescending smile.

"You can borrow some of my mother's clothes then," Sirius laughs.