20. Murder in the Bathroom

Natalia was with the whole group walking down to dinner when they passed by some Gryffindors, one being Katie Bell, who had recently been let out of Saint Mungos. All of a sudden, Draco took off running to the boy's bathroom. Everyone looked conflicted on whether to follow him or not and Natalia looked from where he just was back to their friends. "I'll meet up with you guys," she told them before running after him.

Natalia followed him to the second floor's girl's bathroom. When she walked into the room, he was talking to Moaning Myrtle. "Hello, Myrtle," she greeted and the teenage ghost made a small look of recognition that she had entered the bathroom.

Draco cried even harder hearing her voice, his hands were in his hair, trying to rip it out. "Don't," crooned Moaning Myrtle's voice from one of the cubicles. "Don't . . . tell me what's wrong . . . I can help you.. . ."

"No one can help me," said Malfoy. His whole body was shaking. "I can't do it. . . . I can't. . . . It won't work . . . and unless I do it soon . . . he says he'll kill me. . . ."

Natalia wrapped her arms around his shoulder and tried to shush him, but he looked up and saw a reflection in the mirror– it was Harry. He pushed Natalia away and pointed his wand at Harry. Before Natalia could interject Harry shot a spell at her and she was hanging upside down in the air. Then Draco shot a jinx at him and Natalia was back on the floor, pissed.

No! No! Stop it!" squealed Moaning Myrtle, her voice echoing loudly around the tiled room. "Stop! STOP!"

Natalia shot a leg-locker jinx at Harry who put up a shield. Harry attempted a Leg-Locker jinx back that backfired off the wall behind Draco's ear and smashed the cistern beneath Moaning Myrtle, who screamed loudly and sending piece of it, cutting into Natalia's face; water poured everywhere and Harry slipped as Draco, his face contorted, cried, "Cruci —"

Natalia was about to send another curse Harry's way when one came out of his mouth that Natalia had never heard before. "SECTUMSEMPRA!" bellowed Harry from the floor, waving his wand wildly.

Blood spurted from the slytherin's face and chest as though he had been slashed with an invisible sword. He staggered backward and collapsed onto the waterlogged floor with a great splash, his wand falling from his limp right hand. Natalia's face dropped and she rushed towards him, dropping on her knees, not caring if she got wet. "DRACO!" She turned back to Harry. "WHAT DID YOU DO? WHAT CURSE WAS THAT? WHAT'S THE REVERSE?" She screamed at him. She didn't know what to do, she had never heard it in her life. There were so many things she didn't know and this was the worst time.

Natalia kept trying to use other spells she knew, but nothing would work, it was dark magic.

"No —" gasped Harry. Slipping and staggering, Harry got to his feet and plunged toward the boyy, whose face was now shining scarlet, his white hands scrabbling at his blood-soaked chest.

"No — I didn't —"

Harry did not know what he was saying; he fell to his knees beside Draco, who was shaking uncontrollably in a pool of his own blood. Moaning Myrtle let out a deafening scream: "MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOM! MURDER!"

"I'm sorry!" Harry yelled at Natalia. He didn't know what else to do. Draco was going to die in this bathroom and it was going to be his fault.

The door banged open behind them and Natalia felt so relieved: Snape had burst into the room, his face livid. Pushing Harry roughly aside, he knelt over Draco, drew his wand, and traced it over the deep wounds Harry's curse had made, muttering an incantation that sounded almost like song. The flow of blood seemed to ease; Snape wiped the residue from the young boy's face and repeated his spell. Now the wounds seemed to be knitting.

Natalia was feeling more at ease every moment, but was still on high alert. She was so angry she felt she could murder Harry.

Moaning Myrtle was still sobbing and wailing overhead.

When Snape had performed his countercurse for the third time, he half-lifted Draco into a standing position. "You need the hospital wing. There may be a certain amount of scarring, but if you take dittany immediately we might avoid even that. . . . Come. . . ."

Natalia stood up as well and helped him support Draco as they walked across the bathroom, turning at the door to say in a voice of cold fury, "And you, Potter . . . You wait here for me."

The walk to the hospital wing felt like forever and Snape barely said a word, but he looked livid the entire time. "I'll deal with Potter, don't worry about it," Snape told her, knowing that one of their friends was probably gonna want payback.

"Fine," she said stiffly as they finally got to the Hospital wing. Madam Pomprey ran over straight away as they settled him onto a bed. She got started on spreading dittany over every cut and Draco screamed as the liquid burned his wounds.

Natalia bit her lip and crossed her arms. She wouldn't cry. She was angry, she needed to hurt someone. Why didn't she fire back quicker, why wasn't she stronger, why, why, why didn't she stop this? She was mad at Harry, but she was also mad at herself.

She didn't even realize that Snape had left, she just kept watching Draco. She even kept staring when the witch closed the curtain to give the blonde more privacy.

It might've been a few hours, but she didn't know, all she did know was that she still had a pit of rage inside of her. She grabbed her wand that she had set on a table earlier and marched out of the wing.

People moved out of her way as they were shocked by the amount of water, blood, and cuts covering her body. Not only that, but the look on her face was dangerous– murderous even.

She marched all the way to Gryffindor tower where she grabbed a fourth year Gryffindor. "Password, now," she hissed.

"But–but- you're a Sltyehrin, only Gryffidnors are allowed to have the password," he stuttered out, scaredly. Natalia laughed in his face.

"I don't give a damn, I'm already covered in my friends blood, I'm not afraid to add more," she hissed slowly and his eyes widened.

"It–it's Ambiane," he said quickly and she let him go, walking up to the portrait.

"Ambiane," Natalia told the fat lady.

"You're not a Gryffindor," The fat lady said, confused. Natalia nodded.

"Correct, I'm from the ministry, there was an attack early, I wanted to make sure everyone is okay," Natalia answered sweetly. The fat lady bought it and opened up.

When she walked through the entrance, everyone stopped, taking in her form, cut up, bloody, and soaking wet with an evil smirk on her face. "Where's Potter?" She questioned, looking around.

"Yeah, why do you want to know?" Seamus asked with his Irish accent. "Aren't you supposed to be friends?"

Natalia gave him a smile, "Not anymore, he just tried to kill my boyfriend, now I'm going to kill him." She shoved him out of the way and walked further into the common room where she found just the person she wanted to see. "Hello, Potter," she greeted.

"Nat, I'm sorry," Harry started, getting up. He had already changed out of his clothes and had been cleaned up. Natalia silently put a paralysis spell on the three people sitting around him so they wouldn't get up.

"Sorry doesn't cut it," she snapped with a heated glare. "You could've killed him. You would've. You know what that makes you? An attempted murderer. You know what I am?" Harry shook his head. "An actual murderer," she whispered to him and he gulped. She took out a knife from her pocket and sliced him across the face, making everyone around them gasp and Natalia released the spell on the three. "That's only a taste of what you did to him." 

Ginny, Ron, and Hermione got up and pointed their wands at her. Natalia just smirked and raised her hands. "I'm done, but this is a warning. One of you does something like this, it'll be more than just a cut." She winked before turning around and throwing the knife at the announcement board and heading out of the common room, leaving everyone in shock.