2. The Durselys

End of 5th year...

Natalia sat with her Slytherin friends on the train ride home. It was awkward. She had fought against most of her parents and had lost her memories. So, while they were mad at her, they didn't know what exactly they could say.

Draco already knew that it was happening and, very unlike him, he let it go, he didn't bother her about being the reason his father was in Azkaban. He had gone with Crabbe and Goyle right after the train left the station and came back looking worse for wear, muttering about stupid Potter and his stupid friends

Everyone mostly stayed silent, until Daphne couldn't take it anymore, "What happened in the Department of Mysteries?"

They all snapped their heads to look at her and then at Natalia. "Well, after you all were attacked, I went with them, as instructed to protect Harry. When we got there we were looking for his godfather who was in trouble. He wasn't actually there and several Death Eaters cornered us. We fought back, got hurt, the order arrived and we fought them. Bellatrix and Sirius were dueling, he got hit, I saved him and fell through the veil–" Everyone in the room gasped.

"But there's no way of coming back from that," Theo stated, confused. Natalia shrugged.

"Guess there is. I fell through the other side and woke up with absolutely no memories of anything," she explained and Draco turned towards the window, looking guilty. "I've got most of them back, but I'm missing some stuff and things are constantly jumbled in my mind."

Pansy grabbed her hand, "I'm sorry. Let's just forget you did anything, it doesn't matter. You're our friend and bad things are coming."

Blaise nodded, looking Natalia in the eyes, completely serious, "You have to never speak to us again, maybe even leave England."

Natalia shook her head, "no, I'm actually coming to stay with you half-way through the summer, Blaise." He sighed.

"Dammit."

"No, you have to leave!" Draco told her, snapping his head back.

She scoffed, "I don't get a choice, I have only a few living family members left and those are the Zabinis! I have nowhere else to go!" She yelled at him and he glared at the window. "I know bad things are going to happen, you can't protect me anymore than I can protect you guys, so we're all just going to have to deal with it."

There was silence before Goyle looked around, "who do you think's going to get Quidditch Captain?"

"Now's not–"

"Probably Urquhart," Blaise rolled his eyes. "He's going to be a 7th year, they'll choose him."

"I think I wanna try out," Theo told him.

Blaise looked at him confused, "I thought you hated flying?"

He shrugged, remembering how he saw it in his visions– his supposed Mother and father flying around together– how happy they looked, "I'm getting used to it."

~

The train slowed down to a stop and Natalia waved goodbye to her friends and met up with Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny. The ticketmaster waved the group through the barrier where a large group of adults were waiting for them.

There was Mad-Eye Moody, looking quite as sinister with his bowler hat pulled low over his magical eye as he would have done without it, his gnarled hands clutching a long staff, his body wrapped in a voluminous traveling cloak. Tonks stood just behind him, her bright bubble-gum-pink hair gleaming in the sunlight filtering through the dirty glass station ceiling, wearing heavily patched jeans and a bright purple T-shirt bearing the legend the weird sisters.