7. OWLS

Natalia had woken up late the next day. She looked at the alarm clock and it said it was already 12:30. She sighed, getting up. For the first time in a while, it felt like she had truly slept. She got out of bed and headed to the desk where the letter was waiting for her.

Dear Natalia,

We are so happy to have you here, and can't wait to get to know you! Your bathroom is fully stocked and so is the desk and the closet. Feel free to use whatever you want and come down to the living room at whatever time. If you're hungry or thirsty, just call for Zippy. If you need any help, let us know.

Camilla Zabini

Natalia nodded. "Okay." She headed to the bathroom first and brushed her teeth and put on deodorant. She looked at the face wash and looked back to her face. She had a few pimples, but they were mostly from sweat. She didn't really break out much, something to do with her genes. She splashed her face with water anyway and washed her face and used some of the moisturizer.

She brushed her fingers through her hair and got a good look at it. It was the first time she saw her hair out of its braid since she was 9. Everytime she needed it redone she would redo it or have someone else do it before looking at it.

It was way past her shoulders and a little wavy that would look better if it wasn't so frizzy. She looked at her arm and saw one of her scars. That was also something she hadn't looked at in a while. She didn't want to, it would remind her that she didn't know where they came from.

Several of them were very big and looked like stab wounds or breaks and fractures that never healed properly. She lifted her shirt a little and could almost see her ribs. She quickly lowered her shirt and little and left the bathroom quickly and got dressed in her own clothes. She didn't want to touch the other ones, they looked really expensive.

She slowly opened the door and walked out to see Blaise walking down the hall. "Hey," he waved, looking like he had just woken up as well. "Uh, Zippy made lunch, I was just about to head to the dining room, want me to show you?"

"Yeah, sure, that would be great," she told him.

"How was your first night?" he asked.

"Little overwhelming," she told him honestly. "The entire place was stocked and there was a note from your step-mom saying I could use whatever I wanted, but I couldn't. I didn't touch most of it. The bed– it was so soft and comfortable, but still somehow supportive."

He smirked, "they're enchanted to adjust to your preference and give you the best night sleep, both sides of your pillow are always cold."

She gave him a large smile, "wow, I love magic more and more everyday."

"Of course, it's great, you just have to know how to use it," he winked before turning and they were in the entrance to a large dining room with a table, but only two of the seats had plates. "We don't eat together during the day, sometimes for breakfast and most dinners, but during the day we're all busy doing what we want." He sat down and Natalia sat across from him. Two house elves walked in and sat some stew down with some vegetables and bread and filled up her goblet with something to drink.

"It's wine," Bliase told her as she sniffed it. "Family tradition."

Natalia smirked, "I remember. Glass of wine for teens during lunch and sip of wine for children at dinner." She took her spoon and started to eat. "Have you started your homework?"

Blaise shook his head, "I'll finish it at least before we go shopping at Diagon Alley for school supplies."

"I've started, but haven't finished," she told him. She kept eating and glanced at him. "Are you joining this year?"