12. Memories

After potions ended we headed to divination where Trewlaney was very agitated. She even threw a book at Seamus. I think all the teachers are on edge because of Umbridge.

Speaking of Umbridge, we had her class next. Umbridge entered the room as he spoke, wearing her black velvet bow and an expression of great smugness.

"Good afternoon, class."

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge," everyone else chanted drearily.

"Wands away, please . . ."

But there was no answering flurry of movement this time; nobody had bothered to take out their wands. I look at Neville who looked incredibly bored and a little nervous.

"Please turn to page thirty-four of Defensive Magical Theory and read the third chapter, entitled 'The Case for NonOffensive Responses to Magical Attack.' There will be no need to talk."

I opened the book as did Neville and I just sat there staring at the book, occasionally flipping the page whenever he did. I took a paper out and made it look like I was taking notes.

"On a scale of 1-10 how bored are you?" I wrote.

"10," he wrote back. "How's your day been?"

"Boring, plus I have had a headache all day."

"Go to Madam Pomphrey, she'll give you a calming drought, they help with headaches too," he smiles at me.

"Thank you, I didn't know that," I smiled back. I looked back to the book before another picture flashed across my vision. I had linked arms with Nico. We were talking with some demi-god or something to do with the underworld. I think it was a collector. I was wearing my crown with Nico. We liked to wear them in the underworld because it was fun. I grinned at Nico before looking back at the other person. They slowly disappeared before my eyes in gold dust and so did Nico.

"NICO!" I yelled before falling to the ground crying in complete darkness. I opened my eyes looking at the book in front of me. I zoned out again. It's this stupid headache.

Professor Umbridge dismissed class and we all headed out. I went to the dungeons to get my homework done as quickly as possible. Wait? Why would I do that? I stopped writing as I looked at my potions essay that sat on my bed. When have I cared?

I wrote the last sentence and threw it aside. I climbed off my bed and into my trunk. I dug through everything when I came to what I needed. It was a pill bottle. Some of the Apollo kids, including Will, made it a couple years prior to combat headaches. I always kept it in my bag. I am so glad it found its way here.

I opened the bottle and placed one in my mouth, gulping it down with some water. I closed the bottle and threw it back in my trunk.

"Hey, Nat, you ready for dinner?" Daphne asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. My headache was slowly going away so I was happier. I walked with her and Pansy to dinner as they were complaining about something for homework. I sat across from Theo and Blaise as the two girls sat next to me.

"So what are you doing for Christmas?" Theo asked me.

"Isn't it a little early to be thinking about Christmas?" I questioned. "It's not even Halloween yet."

"Yes, but I want to know if you would want to come to our Christmas ball this year?" Theo asked. "It changes who hosts. The Blacks, who kind of died out, the Malfoys, the Lestranges, this year it's us."

"Well, I'm going to have to say sorry, but I don't believe I can," I tell him. Wait? Sorry, why didn't I just tell him no.

"Oh, that's okay, maybe next year," he smiles at me. I grabbed some food before I got another flash. I was walking on the beach with Will before we stopped at a campfire and Percy started telling the story of the vampire battle.