19. Christmas Decorating

We got back to Grimmauld Place and Mrs. Weasley sent Harry back upstairs to sleep a little more and everyone spaced out to do their own thing. I went back to my room and looked at the book I found earlier. "Hecate, I wish to speak to you." I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes.

"What is the matter?" She asked as I opened my eyes.

"The book," I told her. "Where did it come from?"

"You made it," she answered. "You wrote down everything, every detail you could remember, it took you a while, but I erased it from your memory."

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Because you get so upset every time you find that the memory you're looking for doesn't exist in the book you break down," Hecate answered.

"Well, why isn't it in the book?" I asked her. "It's not like my stuff from the future is disappearing. My clothes, my money, my pictures, they're all still here. What about the entries that just appeared?" I asked her. "I know nothing about them!"

"I'm creating them," she said, she moved her hand and the gold dust turned into a picture of Baize and I talking in his room, me cooking with his mother, Nico and I reading a book with him before exploding something. "When your memories disappear I'm going to replace them with new ones and alter the memories of your friends."

"But why?" I was confused. If she could give me new memories couldn't she preserve the ones I already had.

"The whole that your brain will have will be immeasurable, you won't be able to say what is reality and what isn't. With these fake memories they can be place holders until you get back to 2010. It'll make your time here more bearable," she told me. She walked forward and my mouth moved but nothing came out. She starts talking but I can't hear.

Everything becomes distorted and the entire room starts getting blurry and spinning until suddenly I sit up awake in the same place I had fallen asleep in.

I decided to get up and head down stairs, maybe there was something interesting to listen to from the other. I walked past Harry's room when I heard his trunk close. "Where do you think you're going?" I asked him as I opened the door.

He looked at me shocked. "I'm being possessed by Voldemort! I'm safe to be around any of you, or at Hogwarts. I'm just going to leave, maybe live on my own, or on the streets. It's better than hurting everyone else."

"So you're being noble?" I asked. He looked at me frustrated, like I was so stupid I couldn't understand the smallest thing. "No– look, just stop!" He yelled.

"Stop what?" I asked calmly.

"Stop acting like I'm not a problem," he told me. "Even Dumbledore thinks I am, why else would he not speak to me?"

"There are hundreds of reasons," I tried to explain. "To keep you safe, to keep those around you safe, so that you can be a kid and not worry. Also, he's a stupid, stupid man."

"I'll still worry!" He paced around the room, looking at anything that he would need to pack in order to leave. 

"I know, but he's trying to make it so you won't. You are being raised for a war, Harry. I know what that's like, come and talk if you need," Natalia told him before she wandered off down the hall. She kept seeing these pictures around the house. They were three kids, two little boys and a girl.

"Look at my childhood pictures, are you?" Sirius asked.

"The girl is Cassiopeia, right?" She asked and Sirius nodded. "I doubt she would've liked the name, unless she was as dramatic as you."