10. Slug Club

August had gone by quickly. Natalia and Blaise had met up with the friends in the middle of August and everyone could see how stressed Draco was.

By the time September first came, everyone was packed and loaded their stuff onto the train. They all found a compartment together and everyone seemed quite solem. Pansy even left without Draco for prefect duties. He didn't seem to want to do anything but think.

"Draco, you don't have to do this alone, you're not," Natalia reminded him. He looked over at her. "Plus, I bet you're coming up with back-up plans and really you only had one good plan in you." This made Daphne, Theo, and Blaise snicker and Draco huff like a child.

"My other plans were just as good," he snapped and the four looked at each other.

"Okay, buddy," Theo rolled his eyes.

"They were!" Draco snapped again. "I have a cursed necklace, a poisoned bottle of mead, and several others."

Daphne sighed, "Draco, that's not going to kill Dumbledore, that's just going to get other people hurt." Draco just glared at her.

"Would that really be that bad?"

Blaise narrowed his eyes, "what if it was a first year?"

"I don't–" Just then a second year boy pushed open the door.

"I'm supposed to deliver this to Blaise Zabini and Natalia di Angelo," he said and Blaise took both of them as the second year ran back down the hallway.

Blaise handed the other one to his cousin as they broke them open. "What are they?" Daphne questioned.

"Invitation," Blaise said, confused. "From Professor Slughorn, he was my father's potions teacher."

"Wait, he's taking over potions?" Natalia asked before her eyes widened. "Snape."

Draco smirked, "he's going to be the DADA professor!"

Natalia rolled her eyes and unrolled the scroll.

Miss Di Angelo,

I would be delighted if you would join me for a bite of lunch in compartment C.

Sincerely,

Professor H.E.F. Slughorn

Natalia shrugged, "He's giving us lunch, I'm in." She got up and walked out of the compartment with Blaise following her.

They were the first ones there and Slughorn smiled at them, "Miss di Angelo, Mr. Zabini, pleasure to meet you." He shook both of their hands as they sat down. Next to arrive were two seventh years, a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw. Then Ginny sat down and slightly waved to Natalia. There were two empty seats left and a few minutes later, Harry and Neville showed up.

"Harry, m'boy!" said Slughorn, jumping up at the sight of him so that his great velvet-covered belly seemed to fill all the remaining space in the compartment. His shiny bald head and great silvery mustache gleamed as brightly in the sunlight as the golden buttons on his waistcoat. "Good to see you, good to see you! And you must be Mr. Longbottom!"

Neville nodded, looking scared. At a gesture from Slughorn, they sat down opposite each other in the only two empty seats, which were nearest the door.

"Now, do you know everyone?" Slughorn asked Harry and Neville. "Blaise Zabini is in your year, of course —" Zabini did not make any sign of recognition or greeting, nor did Harry or Neville. "And Natalia di Angleo."

Natalia nodded and Neville grew a smile on his face as he waved to her, but Harry just stayed there, staring at her. He thought she was with Draco, a Death Eater.