3; Meet

Foreword from the Author (if you don't care, skip):

I want to apologize for being inactive for so long.

I've been taking a break from writing and I'm going to force myself to get these ideas out, because I want to.

As an apology, here is a story that will be updated and changed with time. Enjoy.

---

Start; 26/06/22

You sighed, rubbing your eyes that stung. Overhead, music played at a low volume, and there was a soft chatter floating through the establishment as customers drank or ate, laughing or joking. Some by themselves, some in groups.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Vee, your friend and co-worker, asked as she laid a tender hand on your shoulder. "hm? Oh, yea, I'm fine." you say quietly, gently brushing off her hand. She turned a light coral shade, nodding and smiling warmly. The smell of coffee and cakes were almost overwhelming to your senses, you just wanted to go on break already.

"are you sure you don't need a break? I can take over, if you want.." she offered, giving you a concerned look. Just as you were about to suggest that yes, that was exactly what you needed, she was called away. "ah, sorry, Y/N, I have to go." she said, waving at you and winking as she left. You just stared after her, cursing some higher power internally for taking your extended break.

The bell tinkled overhead the ruby red door and a group of six walked in, talking in low voices. In front, you saw two performers your recognized very well, having always watched their shows. You knew the others, of course: the group was quite well known. The group stood around as Sun, or his real name Silas, sauntered up to the bar. You attempted to keep cool, but your very large and real smile gave you away. "Hello, we called ahead for a VIP booth on the upper floor?" he said.

Despite being a quaint café, you also doubled as a club. In fact, you also worked on the bar in the upper floor if you were lucky. It was reached by two double doors, but there was a door next to it for VIP members, which led to booths. You nod, "right this way!" you say, making sure you looked neat before stepping out of the bar. "not so fast, Y/N." Stacy, your 'manager' (she wasn't really, but she acted as if she were) said, striding over. You wilt. "i'll take them, you get back to your job. You have five minutes until you go on break."

You sigh, nodding, reluctantly returning to behind the bar. You lean on your palm, watching them go. Silas looks back, winking and blowing a kiss that turns you a deep shade of red.

Vee walks over, looking irked. "what's the matter, Vee?" you ask, raising your head from your palm and instead letting your fingers fiddle with each other nervously. She brightens, blushing lightly. "oh, it's nothing, Y/N." she says, in a soft voice.

You nod and find your head turning to the right where Silas had been moments ago.

You missed the envious glare that settles on Vee's face.

---

You sighed, letting your head tilt back and softly collide with the outer brick of the establishment, breathing the summer air that carried hints of cocoa and cinnamon from the open windows.

You were glad the air was soft and the sky was a blue that was slowly darkening as time went on, as if the sky was painted and the painter was shading the blue the darkest it could go.

"Y/N?" a soft, nervous male voice asked. You look to the left of you, seeing Craig, the newer worker with very bad anxiety. You give him a warm smile. "heya, big C, what are ya doing here?" you asked, voice soft. He looked to the floor, reddening in embarrassment. His voice came out in a tiny squeak and you just barely made it out. "um, could you serve in the VIP area? I-i was given that job, but.. I'm really.. nervous?" he said, looking up at you hopefully.

You nod, smiling understandingly. "of course I can, Craig. You taking over my position then?" you ask, and he nods. "i-i'm better with the customers down here.." he says, cracking a small smile. You step away from the wall, walking back into the building, Craig trailing behind you. Despite Craig being taller than you, he was a small ball of tension and fears. Since he started out, you'd always been kind to him, becoming good friends with him.

You made a bit of progress where he could say full sentences now without stuttering on every word (like some wattpad fem!y/n story) and he was more comfortable talking to the customers of the cafe (the ones who weren't total Karens, at least)

You grabbed the tray that had drinks and such on it, wishing Craig had a good shift before stalking off to the VIP area.

---

As you climbed up the steps, the loud music already thumping and setting a rythm, you internally panicked.

You were a huge fan of Silas and Milo, (or Sun and Moon, as they are more commonly known) and getting to deliver their drinks felt like a huge privelage.

You stepped into the dark room, noting the shiny black floors underneath your tattered boots. "Hey Y/N!" The DJ, Mark (that is jokingly referred to as 'DJ music man' by all of the staff) called from his turntable, a massive grin on his face. "Ello music man! Do you know where-" you began, but he cuts you off. "Just over there, sweetheart, by the back!" you smile, nodding and hurrying off in the direction he'd pointed.

There were people here and there, dotted around the room, though there was no children. By the bar you'd hurried past, you spotted Bill, the barman. He was also given a nickname ('Bar bot', which he said he was okay with). You gave him a hurried nod before slowing down, not wanting to look too eager to get to the Fazbear crew's table.

You walk over, placing the tray down. "here's your order." you say, helping take certain things off. You were thanked and sent on your way, but not before Silas gave you another air kiss, which no one else had seen. On the return back, you were a cherry red all over.

You would have so much to think back on when you got home.

---

You groan, wanting the day to be over. You got off of this shift in twenty minutes, and there was literally no one but two or three customers still in the building. The VIP section also must've been clearing out, as you'd seen a few groups or lone people stumbling out, drunk or tipsy or completely sober but looking a mess, as though they got knocked up in the bathrooms or something.

You worried you'd missed Silas and Milo, but their group descended mere moments after, talking. "You guys go to the car, I'll be a minute!" Silas spoke, cheerily. He headed for your bar, the others swinging the door open and letting in a draft before it closed, their voices muffled. Silas said nothing as he pulled out £30 from his pocket, winking and sliding it over. You were shocked, shaking your head. "I- I couldn't possibly-" you say, but Silas just keeps smiling before picking up the money, placing it in your pocket of your little apron that has a large pouch on the front.

He smirks, "Call me." he says simply, and then he walks out. You stand there, blinking in confusion, before fishing the money out. In between the money is a note, the contents of said note being his number.

You look to the clock after a moment and and nod, walking to the employee staff room to retrieve your things, seeing as it was already past 10 PM, when you got off work.

You turned today's events over in your mind, not quite processing it all.

You had so much more to think about.

Finished; 2/07/22

---

Epilogue from the Author (optional):

I hope you enjoyed this, sorry it's taken me so long to get even a chapter out but I wanted this the best it could be.

I hope everyone is feeling okay, especially after the devastating news of technoblade's passing, and so I hope that, even if you don't watch him or know him at all, you are all feeling okay.

Hopefully, I will get back into the swing off writing and everything will be better.

- Author