Stealing more than money

Authors note;
I liked the thief![Y.Name] story, so here's a more in-depth version.

Warnings; Swearing, mention of fire/arson

- If anything listed above upsets you in some way, please don't read

(Part 1/2)

----------

You flicked the lighter once, twice, three times. A spark rose, then a flame, illuminating your smile under the cover of darkness. You'd taken what you needed from this home, and though you'd never do this to someone underserving, the family here were pigs, gloating their wealth and lifestyle to those who couldn't afford it.

You were no robin hood, you'd stolen from homes like that before, but on occasion you would leave a hefty sum of money for those who appeared desperate, barely scraping by. Smiling, you squatted down, letting the flame catch the paper you'd set out on top of other flammable items. You're smile grew to be a grin as you let the lighter go, watching it begin to incinerate anything in its path.

Running out of the backdoor, you make sure you have everything before hopping over the fence and into the woods, making your way home.

---

Scaling your apartment building to get into your home was not fun after all the running, but it was to be expected; you'd lost your keys, and it was hardly like you could pull out a lock pick and open your door without potential passerby seeing and getting suspicious, so climbing it was.

Thankful you always left your window open, you slid in, already feeling at home. On your old, dusty TV some shitty rom-com was playing. "Edward, you can't just leave me...!" The main character, you assumed, had said. You scoffed, rolling your eyes. Teen drama bullshit, of course.

You glance at the clock behind it, pleasantly surprised you'd only been out an hour or so, but you still winced slightly. You'd kept all the lights on so you wouldn't be suspected of being out, casting an ugly yellow glow in your apartment and raising your electricity bill. At least I have that money, you think sarcastically.

Sighing, closing the window before making your way to the kitchen, filling the kettle. You'd need some tea. Opening the cupboard above your head, ignoring the horrific squeak it gave and the way th door seemed to hang off it's hinges, pulling out a chipped and worn cup. You placed it down on the side, closing the door again and preparing your tea.

Knowing it'd be a minute or so until the kettle stopped boiling, you stretched your achy limbs, groaning slightly as your bones cracked. You yawned, your eyes feeling heavy, but you padded over to your bedroom, flicking on the light there and pulling out some clothes you had. By the time you'd returned, the kettle had stopped boiling and you poured it into the cup, fetching the milk and pouring that in, too.

Now, sat on your sad, deflated and broken-in-three-places couch, sipping tea and watching some weird fantasy teen drama with a love triangle, the lights off around you to "set the mood", you felt more tired than ever. The warm liquid made you feel better after being outside in the cold, and even the couch, which felt comfortable thought it normally didn't.

Eventually, however, the movie began to piss you off. "Oh my god, sht the fuck up, Bella!" You half yell at the TV as the protagonist, Bella, once again tried to argue why she should be turned into a vampire. Groaning, you snatch your phone from where it was next to you, turning it on. Recoiling, you lower the brightness, scrolling Instagram.

You were grateful to have found this phone unattended when you did, a year ago, because your old one was broken. That was around the time you'd gotten this dump you called "home" (then again, you hadn't had an actual home since your parents died to a drunk driver and you were tossed into the care system), which though it was bad, it was still your home.

You pause, seeing an advertisement for security guards at this flashy mall; Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex, only the biggest buisness around for like five miles, and hiring some new workers. You grinned to yourself, a plan forming in your head.

Step one; Plan your break in, including where to get in and how to get in by going to the place while it's open

Step two; Actually break in, steal whatever so long as it's not too noticeable, get back out

Step three; Go back and get a job there so it's not suspicious as to why you have a lot of money

Step four; Continue to work there until you have so much money you're rich and flee to wherever

Impressed by how quickly you'd formed a plan, you settled down on the couch, putting your phone on charge on the coffee table in front of you and letting your brain half interpret what was happening now; it seemed Bella was pregnant? How is that even possible? You thought, before you let your eyes slide shut and your mind wander.

Eventually, your soft breathing made it apparent you were asleep.