Only Exorcists In The Building

Authors note;

⚠️ THIS MIGHT BE LONG, SKIP IF YOU DON'T CARE! ⚠️

HI! Been a while, pretty sure my last update was the 23rd of September. Sorry for that. I haven't been writing- well, no I have, I'm just not sharing them.

I realized my "schedule" was actually just a cycle (Come home, overwork writing, fall asleep, repeat) and it wasn't healthy. At that point, I'd also lost joy in writing, as it felt more like I was pushing myself to create what others wanted and not what made me happy.

However, as you can see by the title, I'm still writing! I've decided to start again, almost easing myself into it, and so I don't care if this is short or not.

I thank everyone who has still read this book, or interacted with it in some way. You are all appreciated!

⚠️ THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS A LOT OF DETAIL IN SOME PARTS. IF ANYTHING BEGINS TO GET TOO MUCH, THE AUTHOR ADVISES TO TAKE A BREAK, OR SKIP THAT SECTION. STAY SAFE, THANK YOU! ⚠️

---

You jolt awake as you catch your consciousness slipping, righting your position on the seat once more. The car hits yet another speed bump, thankfully not doing any further damage to the already beaten Ford.

Sun glances you way, concern written over his face. "Are you alright?" He mumbles, laying a tender hand on your knee. The warmth that spreads from it seeps into your bones and you note how cold you are, how fast your heart beats. A quiet had descended upon the three an hour or so into their journey, built of nerves and fears.

A test, of course. They'd been set it: growing exorcist's needed their training in more than just controlled practice, after all. A small apartment of an easy to handle poltergeist. Many students had took this on alone. These three moved as a trio, never leaving one behind if they could find a way around it. They'd been laughed at, jeered, called names. Their resolve had not changed: all of them go, or none of them go.

It was, begrudgingly, allowed.

With a slight squeeze to your knee, you're brought back to the shadowy confines of the car. Sun is staring at you, eyebrows knit together in worry. You crack a shaky smile, waving your hand- a signal for him to let go, that you were fine. You didn't feel it.

With a hesitant nod, he let go and sat back, looking out the window at everything that zipped by: so far, just trees, swamped by the murky waters of night, the moon's glow hardly illuminating it.

Speaking of Moon. You risk a glance at him and spot his eyes in the rearview mirror before they flick away; he, too, was worried.

You shuffle in your seat slightly, fighting to breath though the tightness of your chest and look out your own window. Just because you were all together doesn't mean it was any less unnerving.

"Five minutes," came Moon's voice, and you flinched. Sun had let out a squeak and rumbling laughter had bubbled out of Moon's throat, fighting to keep his eyes on the road. Tension seemed to slink back to the shadows as you and Sun chuckled, too.

It soon swooped down once more and you were back with an insufferably tight chest.

Five minutes passed too fast for your liking, and now here you stood. You shivered, autumn air soon turning winter, and the smell of salt from freshly fallen rain stung your nose. You were mentally preparing yourself, but you knew it wouldn't matter: you'd faced things before, but in a controlled environment. This was the first of many, and all you had to do was keep reciting what you'd learned. It was all you could do.