Keep breathing

Key;
Xavier = Moon
Ethan = Sun
Isaac = Monty
Roxanne = Roxy
Frederick = Freddy
Caroline = Chica

WARNINGS;

This particular story is has heavy themes such as:
Mentions of self harm
•Mentions of suicide attempts
•Mentions of abuse
•Mentions of neglect

Less heavy themes include:

•Monty x Moon
•Swearing

If any of these things make you uncomfortable, please stop reading now.
After this, I will make a comfort fic, I swear.
(IF I HAVE MISSED ANY WARNINGS, PLEASE TELL ME)

Part 1/???

~~~

Ethan let out a sob, though no tears fell, as he heard something smash downstairs.

His back to his and Xavier's bedroom door, he shivered. They were arguing, again. His ice blue eyes scanned the clock. 10:50 pm. He looked to the carpet, curling into himself and slapping his hands to his ears as he rocked back and forth, trying to ignore what was going on.

It wasn't working.

After a while of sitting there, wallowing in self pity and fear, he got up, barracaing his door with anything he could. Even his own drunk 'Mother' wouldn't be able to get through that.

He peeled back the dusty curtains, careful not to make much noise. Then, he made sure he had his jumper and shoes on before hopping onto the window ledge, creaking the window open just enough to sneak out onto the other, more narrow, ledge. He pulled the curtain over before closing the window, though he didn't pull the handle down, so he could get back in later.

He did this with expert precision, having done this a million times before.

Xavier was always out, never liking the house and fleeing at any opportunity. Ethan, however, didn't have friends. He'd tried for sixteen years to get at least one, but he was 'too annoying'.

At this moment, Ethan predicted his twin was making out with Isaac, or worse. That thought made him shudder, gripping the handle for support so he didn't fall.

Then, he climbed onto the roof, sitting on the top and watching the sky overhead.

It was peaceful tonight, and the yelling had died down to a simple background noise.

Up here, Ethan felt safe. Up here, Ethan felt happy.

He'd thought of running away before. He'd thought of a lot, up here, some more dark than others.

His home, more prison now, was on a hill, above other homes. That's how the police never showed up: no one heard anything.

Ethan stayed for ages until the yelling had long since died out, almost falling asleep. He was warm, for the most part, and sat up when he saw the colour changing in the clouds above.

He faced to his left, seeing more land and, a little father out, the sea. But, more importantly, the Sun. He smiled, his golden blonde hair being whipped around as the clouds became shades of pink, gold and purple, the night fading. He yawned, stretching. He watched the sun rise, looking over the edge of his house from time to time.