The night shift

Authors note;
Is it just me, or is there not enough Male/Gender Neutral x reader fics on here? (For this, we'll say the Reader is 18-19 and the animatronics are more humanoid robots than anything)

Warnings; Male Reader, swearing, bad plot

- If you can't deal with anything listed, or it upsets you in some way, please leave.

-------

You sigh, opening your car door and stepping out onto the empty parking lot, the sound of your car locking the only noise for a while, one car or so passing by every five minutes give or take.

You shivered, teeth chattering as you check you have everything. Keys? Check. Phone? Check. Flashlight? Check. Sanity? Left long ago. With everything sorted, you shuffled toward the staff entrance under the dim lighting of the lamps which gave off and ugly orange/yellow colour that splattered on the floor. The pizza Plex was the only other light, it's forever glowing neon lights seemingly boring into you.

You sighed, a wisp of air passing from your lips as you paused in front of the door, fiddling with the keys before pressing it into the lock, turning it and walking inside to a kind of locker room/break room. The rapidly growing sense of unease began to ebb away here, making you feel calmer as you locked the door again and pottered around the kitchen, flicking on lights and making yourself some coffee to go.

You check your watch. "Only ten pm? Figures," you mumble as you wait for the kettle to finish boiling. You yawn, rubbing your eyes and you pull your phone from your pocket, checking some of your socials. The kettle whistles and you put your phone down, pouring the water into the cup and humming to yourself.

After making your coffee and drinking it, you felt a bit more awake and wandered to your locker, opening it. Your security hat was still there, as well as the borrowed trinkets you found, like expensive looking earrings, rings, and once air pods. You spot the only thing you'd need, taking it and putting it on: your fazwatch.

You wandered back over to your phone, picking it up and turning it off, pocketing it; you could use it later. For now, you had a job to do.

Wandering out of the staff room was like walking out of prison. The room was cold greys, steel blues with hard and uncomfortable chairs. Outside was a bright, neon playground for all ages. Attractions, arcades, whole ass shops: it had it all.

You looked around in awe, still suprised at how you'd gotten here. You'd just moved home, away from your parents who meant well but could be overbearing, and needed a way to pay your bills without doing jobs like walking some snobs dogs, or babysitting some middle aged mum's snot nosed brats.

Then along comes Vanessa, a stressed security guard in desperate need of some new hires to cover the night shift. It seemed fate had pushed you together, but of course, some kind of bad luck had to ensue.

On top of dealing with Freddy's meltdowns (the animatronic craved approval and one mess up and he was on the floor, wailing and blubbering for forgiveness), Monty's anger issues (many a time did you almost lose something to that gator), Roxanne's own inferiority complex (you coached her through it and convinced her to the best of your abilities she wasn't hated, which she greatly appreciated) and Chica's constant need for food (You'd been through some ways on how to cope with stress and anxiety without eating), you were also tasked with the celestial twins.

Despite being a mess of issues, when those two wanted to put on a show, they'd do it. The glamrocks treated the pair like fragile beings that could break if they weren't constantly kissing the ground they walked on. They weren't snobby, though, and instead rather embarrassed at the display and begged time and time again the others stop crawling on their hands and knees.

Yes, the twins were divided but they were humble, friendly, and funny. That was around four months ago now, and wow, the job paid great. Ever since the animatronics behaviours had picked up and they were better during the day, more money began to accumulate, and the others got upgrades!

A beep from your fazwatch alarmed you, making you notice how you'd subconsciously checked the entrance hall, first floor and glamrock row while in your head. You glance down, seeing a message from Moon: a simple smile. You shrug, but remain unsettled, until you see the lights flicker. You'd returned to the entrance, having checked everywhere but the daycare, and stopped.

Then, the lights completely shut off, plunging you into darkness. Your heart beat faster, hearing noises all around you that you know could only be from one person. And then they all stopped.

After a moment of tense silence, listening to your heart pound in your ears and your breath stutter, you felt arms wrap around you from behind and pull you up with a yelp.

"Hello starlight," a voice uttered in your ear, and you folded your arms. "Not funny, Moon. I knew it was you, but still." Moon chuckled, "apologies, my dear."

---

Curled up in Moon's arms, you yawned. "Rest, firefly." He hummed, gently stroking your back. You softly protested, but your eyelids closed nonetheless as your breathing slowed, falling asleep.

Moon began to hum a soft, calming tune and you slipped into sleep's embrace, despite the coffee you'd had.

--------

Authors note;
I don't usually add one of these at the end, but I felt it was necessary to add it, to apologize for the rushed ending. I'm really tired and I have been focusing on another fic, perhaps I'll rewrite this some day though.