Sun/Moon & Child!Reader

A/N; T/N = Teddy name

Y/N's POV;

  I giggle, running into the playscape. I hear Sundrop skipping after me, calling out in his sweet voice. “OOH Y/N, where are youuu?” he asked, pausing close to where I was hid. I giggle, scuttling on my hands and knees away, further into the playscape.

He gets down on his hands and knees, fitting into the playscape after me. I hide in a tunnel, away from me, but suddenly I'm pulled out by my feet with a yell of “SUPRISE!” and I laugh.

Sun picks me up, putting me on my shoulders as he takes the easiest way out, standing tall. This, I knew, was to call for naptime, but I was so high up! I towered over the other children, who scuttled for sleeping bags and pillows.

I held onto Sun's rays, trying to hold them softly. I yawned, rubbing my eyes as Sun took me to the corner, getting me my own pillow and sleeping bag.

I hugged his rays the best I could, thankful that he trusted me enough to be up here. Sun never, never never lets children up on his shoulders, and to make other children feel better, doesn't do it as often with me as I'd like.

He drops my sleep things to the floor, lifting me off. “You get comfortable, yea?” he said, and I nodded, sorting out my things and getting comfortable. He rounded the rest of the children up, got everyone comfortable and bid them a good sleep as he skipped over to the lights. I closed my eyes, knowing my other friend, Moon, would be out, and he does like children being awake.

It was then that I felt something was missing. I felt around and I couldn't fimd my teddy, one I needed to sleep, but the lights were already off and Moon was wandering around, soothing others to sleep.

I apologized to Sun in my head, hoping I wouldn't be banned from the daycare for this like I'd seen before, slowing inching the zip on my sleeping bag down, so as to not wake any children.

I opened my eyes, somewhat suprised at the darkness. The only light came from the harsh glare of the security screens, which was wishing us all goodnight. I could hear Moon further from me, so I slid out of my sleeping bag, my heart hammering. I left my teddy at the top of the playscape, which I (thankfully) was close enough to.

I snuck a glance at Moon, who's back was turned, and took this as my opportunity. I, quickly and quietly, got into the playscape, making my way up. I heard Moon move, hiding and staying completely still, silent. I was on the second floor, my teddy was on the third somewhere. Moon sounded close, and I risked a glance.

He was nearing my beanbag, seeing it was empty, and I panicked. I shook my head, silently crawling up to the third floor. “Starlight, where are you...?” Moon asked in his low, gravelly tone, making me freeze. He called everyone a nickname, but mine was special. I was the only one he called “Starlight”.

I, once again, apologized to Sun in my head for breaking the rules, pushing forward. I grabbed my teddy, hugging it to my chest with a smile, but tears poured from my eyes silently. I was going to be banned.

I made my way back down, still as quiet as I could be, and checked for Moon. I couldn't see him, nor hear him. I sigh, making my way out on my hands and knees from the floor and yelp quietly when I was lifted up, facing Moon. “There you are... There you are, starlight, why are you up? Yes, why are you awake?” I broke down into noisy tears, and immediately he brought me to his chest, sitting with me by my sleeping bag and pillow.

He shushed me softly, rocking us back and forth, and eventually my tears turned to hiccups. “P-please don't throw me o-out!” I quietly begged, feeling tears build up once more. Moon shook his head, “I'd never throw you out, never, starlight... Dry those eyes, you'll make me cry...

I giggled, “You can't cry...!” he shrugged, “I could, I could, if you continue to cry too...” I rubbed my eyes, hugging him. “Oh dear, oh dear, did you forget T/N...?” I nod, yawning.

He sets me down onto my sleeping bag and pillow, tucking me in. “We still have twenty minutes, yes twenty, sleep starlight, so you can shine brightly...” I nod, eyes closing as I cuddle T/N to me, drowsy. He hums a tune, soothing me to sleep.

And I, greatfully, slip into dreams of running around with Sun and playing hide and seek with Moon.