Happy Halloween!

Author's note;
This was born from my love of not only the holiday, but a movie. Enjoy, or don't.

-----☁️-----

October 31st. The end of the month, and your favourite time of year. The leaves came fluttering from trees, shops put on their best decorations, horror movies were binged and lunatics ran free among gluttonous children desperate for sweets to stuff themselves with.

Sadly, this did not grant you time off of work, which is where you're headed to right now. An added bonus that came in the form of text this morning was from management, who'd given the green light for dressing up: so long as it was kid friendly. Likewise, children were (of course) permitted to do the same.

You couldn't be more excited, personally. Halloween is the one night a year you get to change everything about yourself and become someone completely different with almost no judgement! How cool is that? Besides, you had the best outfit available.

You just hoped the daycare attendant liked it.

---

Sun glanced around; where were you? The daycare was bound to open soon, so soon you might be late! He couldn't have that, no no, he couldn't. You could get in trouble, or- or worse! Your job promotion had been given a few days ago, and one slight mishap could cause management to change their minds!

He hadn't realised he'd begun pacing until the creak of a door shocked him still. Looking to you, he was amazed to see you'd really taken to dressing up: you wore a white and black pin stripe suit, the bow matching the colour scheme and design. There were tears around the cuffs, legs and tail coat which Sun realised must be intentional, and the makeup on your face gave you a more skeletal, undead appearance.

Scanning you, he did a quick search as to who you were dressed up as.

Searching. . .

Searching. . .

Result found; Jack Skellington (Tim Burton's: The Nightmare before Christmas)

He gasped, skipping overjust as you'd settled at the desk. "Good morning, Sunray!" He chittered, and you hummed in return. Clearly, you had not woken up fully. He lowered the volume of his voice box to a softer tone, "Are you dressed as Jack Skellington?". The tilt of his face plate showed he were curious, but his unwavering facial expression unsettled you.

Eh, not nothin you weren't used to. "Yup, the movie he's from is my favourite." A singular beep comes from Sun and you associate the noise with him storing information away in his archives, deep in his memory chip. It doesn't suprise you; since meeting you, he's done it a ton of times.

You stretch, your bones popping as you let out a satisfied groan. Sun watches your movements carefully, as he always did when you performed basic human motions. As you slumped back in the chair, his face plate distorted, swarms of colourful dots filing your vision and numbing your limbs.

"Are you okay?" Sun's voice filters through the haze, and it begins to clear. You grunt, "Don't worry, it's-" you cut yourself off with a yawn before continuing. "It's normal." You blink sleepily, feeling more tired with each motion.

The screech of an excited child wakes you up and suddenly, you're alert. Sun had sprung off, programming kicked in to entertain and parent. You stand, smoothing out your suit, and putting on a smile.