conklins were here too?

The group of three finally got in a car looking forward to start their journey towards the Cousins beach. Usually, the Edwards family left the country for the whole summer, spending it somewhere in the Europe. But that summer was different.

Sara's parents were in the middle of a divorce, so her mother, Judith, couldn't leave the state, she had to attend lots of meetings with the girl's father, Francis, too. However, both of her parents wanted her daughter to have a lovely summer, just like all of her previous summers. So, they decided to rent a house and let the girl take her bestfriend, Theodore, with her.

"You guys didn't have to do all of it, y'know? I'd have a pretty good summer back at home," Theo said that for the tenth time today. He hated it when he depended on someone, he knew exactly that he could support himself, even after occurred events.

"Nah, you wouldn't," Sara responded as her mother turned the music up.

The girl realized why Judith have done that. She smiled and started to sing along to the "All My Loving" by The Beatles. She looked directly at Theo while she was singing, making silly faces and showing hearts with her hands. The boy gave up soon and all three of them started their way with wide smiles. It seemed like nothing could ruin this summer.

Because, for Sara, her family, her parents and 'found' brother, were the only thing that matters. She knew that they would stay by her side in any case.

---------------------------------------------

"Judith, can we make a stop here?" the girl pointed to the gas station. "Please, I need to drink something!"

"Stop calling your mother by name!" said the woman parking the car near the shop.

"Like hell I am! Stop callin' nana that way then," answered the girl leaving the car.

The duo of teens was heading to the shop laughing and joking around. "Beer!" Theo shouted opening the door and letting the girl in.

"Shut it, jerk!" Sara said loudly. "I left my fake ID in backpack," she whispered right in the boyish ear.

The Haden boy put his arm about her shoulders and winked at her, hinting that his fake ID was right in his pocket. Without any words, the pair got closer to the fridges to get a few beer cans for their first night there.

They were staring at the fridges when the door of the shop opened. The pair faced newcomers and then exchanged the look of surprise. Conklins were here too? Theo and Sara got closer to the family they had met tons of times back at home.

"Belly!" the Edwards girl greeted her with a hug, the boy did the same thing. "Where's your brother?" even though she asked, Sara was already texting Steven. Some moments later, the door opened and the pair was attacked by too exited friend.

"What're you two doin' here? I thought..."

"Curiosity killed the cat, my boy," said Theo looking at the beer cans. "At the moment, we try to choose some beer. Wanna help?" the other boy started to actively nod making others laugh.

It was obvious that Belly felt awkward, she felt like that every time Edwards and Haden met her. They were sure that the youngest Conklin, for her personal reasons, didn't like the two of them. Theo wasn' bothered by that fact at all, but Sara has always felt guilty for not trying to make friends with Belly. She thought that, maybe, that summer was going to change everything between them. It was her chance to make contact with the one of her closest friend's sister.

"How're you doin', Bells?"

"Uh, good, yeah, I'm alright. You?"

Sara gave Belly her opened bag of chips and the girl accepted it, smiling shyly. Then the younger girl looked at the cashier who was staring at her for some time. He said "Hey," and Belly smiled, immediately turning away.