why me?

They were watching Susannah leaving them for next minute. Nobody wanted to begin their conversation, both were too afraid, maybe. Maybe, they were shocked or surprised. Well, Conrad and Sara both were feeling everything together.

The pair headed towards the boyish room, so he could get ready. On Belly's birthday Fisher managed to be late to Cleveland, since then he always was so punctual, sometimes he started preparing hours before the meetings.

Whole way they went in awkward silence which was absolutely weird for them. It was the first time they act that way in past two months.

Everything became much worse when Sara was left alone in Conrad's room as the boy went to bathroom. On the one hand, she had an opportunity to study his room, even though they became pretty close that summer, Edwards had never been there longer than only a few seconds.

But, on the other hand, was the voice in the back of her head, reminding her every single second about the reason of her sitting on that bed. 'The talk'.

Only a month of summer left. Then, they would separate for who knew how long. She lost Erik, lost the family she used to have before the death of her, basically, relative, she wasn't ready to lose her 'boyfriend'.

Honestly, that stupid label wouldn't change anything. Her feelings for Conrad were here, inside, she would get hurt in any case. She got used to him being around, especially, after Theo began spending much more time with Cam. The two became inseparable, day went after day, and Sara kept falling for the elder Fisher much deeper.

Didn't matter if she left him as her one of the closest friends or as her boyfriend, she would miss him madly. In his room, observing it and overthinking things could happen in a couple of minutes, she, for the first time, realized that the end of the summer was that close.

Sara didn't hear Conrad's returning. He was standing, leaning on the door, watching her and smiling. Every time he saw the girl, he questioned himself, how was it possible to be that lucky. How did such a wonderful girl that Sara, undoubtedly, was, choose him? Why him?

"Whatcha thinkin'?" he asked finally. Sara screamed a little, making the boy laugh. He found every act of her the most adorable thing he'd ever seen or heard, or felt. Definitely, he was in love.

Returning to his bed, Edwards sat right next to her. She pushed his shoulder jokingly. "You're such an athlete, Con, i'm jealous."

"I wouldn't be," he responded a little sadly, but the shadow of smile still was seen. "I mean, I liked doing sports a lot, but...You know..."

Sara took his hand in hers. "I know, love."

"I'm so sorry I always make everything about me, S..."

She took his chin and made the boy look directly in her eyes. "Listen to me, Conrad. Don't you dare say sorry for telling me how you feel or I'm gonna hit you. Ask Theo, he knows, I can beat your ass up."

For a few seconds he didn't say anything. Conrad was staring at her, the same question in his head, why him. "You're right, I have to tell you how I feel."

They made an eye contact again, it felt different that time. Both knew exactly what the boy was going to speak about, and it caused them being more nervous than before. Fisher's thumb kept stroking the girlish hand, comforting, even though he was the one who needed to be comforted at the moment. He was getting ready to confess to her, again.

At last, Conrad cleared his throat and started to speak. "You're so kind, Sara, your empathy is leading you all the time. Some people could think that you're rude, me, my mom, we both thought that way about you, at first sight. But it was stupid, we both heard so many sweet things about you before. For years, I've been thinking of you, I've analysed every single story I've heard from Steven and Laurel, I couldn't understand how the fuck this girl could be real, how the fuck Steven could love someone besides his family, besides us, that hard. And then I met you."