we know.

Debutantes kept being introduced, the room kept filling by people in beautiful dresses and suits. Everybody was having a great time, smiles, joyful shouts and words of love. Everybody but the one certain table which was deathly silent.

Laurel excused herself only moments ago and ran away, John followed. Sara caught her father's eyes, then, she saw how terrified her mother looked, she began realising that her parents knew the reason of Laurel's runaway. Did they know she knew, either? Did it mean that Theo was the only member of their family who knew nothing about Susannah's condition? Probably, it did. Francis and Cleveland were whispering something to each other while Judith tried to calm her daughter down using her tight smile for comforting. But all that Sara did was shaking her head, disagreeing.

"I'll be back in a minute, Con," before the boy could ask her anything she pecked his lips and, holding the edge of the dress, escaped towards the bathroom.

She heard that someone was following her. For some reasons, she was sure who it was, knew exactly that it wasn't Conrad, clearly, weren't Conklins. When she stopped by hearing the conversation happening inside of the room on their way, the person bumped into her from the back.

"Why are you following me, Jere?" she asked him quietly. She didn't want Steven's parents to hear her.

He shrugged. "My reasons of being here are same as yours," he whispered. "You found all of this weird, too."

"All of what?"

"I know that something's up. I'm pretty sure, it's connected with my mom, S. I need to know," she nodded.

Edwards concluded that they were stuck in that situation together, it was too late for her to escape. She decided to stay by Jere as long as he was going to let her do that. Sara knew that if he finds out she was aware of Susannah's situation, he would be offended, at least.

"...isn't gonna be here much longer," they heard John saying. Jere shot the glance of confusion to his friend who couldn't find enough strength to meet his blue eyes. She has been lying to him for weeks, she felt guilty, because Jeremiah Fisher became her best friend through these last months.

"Don't say that," Laurel's voice twitched which made the girlish heart skip a beat. Spring flashbacks were coming back again, she wasn't that confident about the possibility of moving on anymore.

Listening to Laurel Park, one of the strongest people she'd ever met, breaking down, denying the upcoming passing of her best friend, person she has been loving more than anyone since forever, made Sara mentally return to the days of trying to prepare herself for the worst. She was playing with the ring Erik gave her on her birthday, anxiously, and missed the moment of Jere interrupting Laurel and John's talk.

"Laurel?" it was too late to stop him, so, Sara followed the boy immediately.

"Jeremiah," John stated before noticing the girl. Sara and Laurel met each other's eyes, the woman tried to look happy but her endless sadness couldn't escape Edwards' knowing look. "Sara. What is it?"

"Uhm, the escort dance is about to start," Fisher answered. "Belly really doesn't want you to miss it."

"Thank you," Laurel tried her hardest to look at Jeremiah, not at Sara who was literally killing her by her stare. "We'll be right there."

The Fisher boy nodded, taking his friend by arm. "Okay," they left after his respond. "Something's up."

"Dunno, Jere, maybe..."

"S, I'm telling you, something really wrong with my mom. You have to believe me!"

Sara sighed heavily. She had to. Of course, she had. There were too many things she had to do for the good of people she loved. "I believe you, Jere."