the dress.

Hours of convincing Conrad that Sara couldn't become a debutante went completely unsuccessfully. Even Theo and Steven's help didn't work. The elder Fisher was adamant.

So, only two days later the Edwards girl found herself on the shopping with three moms and Belly. The two of them were on strained relations, again, after the birthday dinner, but they tried their best to act normal. That was why they both agreed to buy a dress for the older girl, going together. They kept pretending they were good friends while both of them secretly couldn't stand each other's company.

Deeply inside, Sara thought that Belly's crush on hers, Sara's, boyfriend didn't end, in spite of the next level of Belly and Jeremiah's relationship. She wasn't jealous of Conrad, he said he wasn't into his childhood friend at all, she was worried about Jere, about his feelings. After a long time they spent, discussing their love life, Edwards finally understood that what the boy felt was serious, she knew that Belly's decisions would affect them all, would hurt them all, firstly, they would hurt Jeremiah.

"So, is it necessarily to wear a wedding dress?" Sara asked for the hundredth time that morning. Judith pinched her forearm. "Relax, mum! Let's buy the first one you'd like."

"Hon, you have to love the dress, not me," woman responded, looking through the clothes. "How about this?"

Sara observed the poof dress she'd never put on. "No."

Susannah showed her another one, even Laurel, not wanting to be involved into any of that stuff, tried to find 'the dress' for Sara, something, she would stay herself in. Belly kept the distance but was the part of their conversation, obviously.

Dress after dress, shop after boutique and vice-versa. It seemed, for Sara, that they were shopping for a week, at least. She wasn't satisfied with any of dresses, at noon the girl was so worn out, becoming angrier and angrier, she could spent her time with her boyfriend, her friends or sketchbook. But Sara was stuck with four beautiful ladies who couldn't either talk or think about anything but dresses.

"Today's not our day," Laurel concluded, sitting on the passenger seat in the car. "Let's try tomorrow."

"No!" two girls answered together, immediately blushing due to realisation that their distaste became too obvious.

"I need a rest, guys."

"Rest after the whole day of rest?" Susannah asked.

Judith smirked, looking at her friend from the seat of driver. "Shopping is an entire work, Beck."

"Course, it is."

Sara and Judith left the others near Fishers' and returned to their house. The both of them knew that Theo and Francis were stuck in the basement, trying to explore what they possessed. They had already found a lot: from photos and drawings to furniture. For days now, the whole family spent in the wilds of their ownership.

After changing, girl went downstairs to find her father and best friend, standing in front of the huge wardrobe. Edwards noticed his daughter first and put his hand around her shoulders.

Sara grimaced, wanting to let herself free. "You're dirty, dad!"

"Try to spend the whole day here, hon, you will be too."

"Whatcha doin' here?" she asked the boy.

"That thing is locked tight," he responded, still looking at the closet. "We don't wanna ruin it but we need to see what's inside!"

"What if there's nothing?" that moment they both lowered their gazes to her. "What?"

"Don't say that!"