1 | siblings

WEI YING WAS extremely mischievous, which was to be expected for a child his age. That was until the day his world changed completely when he received news of his parents' death. The little boy now had no one to rely on, not a single person would greet him with arms wide open everytime he returned home. That was something his mother had always done.

How was a poor child supposed to take care of himself?

The streets became his new home. There were looks of pity wherever he went and yet no one was willing to save him from his suffering. Whispers could be heard everytime someone passed by. Whispers a boy his age wasn't supposed to hear.

Always sad and hungry. What was Wei Wuxian to do? He couldn't even remember his parents face clearly anymore. The child didn't want to live like this any longer. He prayed every night that someone would come save him.

...

"Wei Ying?", a man in purple robes had called out his name though it sounded more like a question. "How do you know my name?", the child replied with a question of his own.

"I was a friend of your parents, my name is Jiang Fengmian."

"You knew A-Die , Uncle Jiang?!" The child was ecstatic.

"Yes, do you want to come back with me? " Jiang Fengmian questioned with a warm smile.

Although it would be common sense not to follow strangers, the child was overwhelmed with happiness and immediately said yes.

...

"I'm back" Jiang Fengmian said.

"A-Die!", two children said in sync as they ran towards him. "A-Die, who's he?", one of the two kids asked. " A-Li, this is Wei Ying. Starting today, he will be your brother."

'I have a brother now?', the two children loved the thought of a new brother. "Hey A-Ying, how old are you? Do you want to train with me and jie-jie in the training ground? Oh I'm Jiang Cheng by the way", said the boy now known as Jiang Cheng.

"I'm Wei Ying, I'm 7 years old and I would love to train with you and your sister" He replied.

"I'm Jiang Yanli, I'm nine years old" The girl introduced herself and immediately dragged the two boys to the training ground.

...

The three were now walking to the training ground when Wei Wuxian suddenly hid behind Jiang Cheng. "Whats wrong?" Jiang Cheng questioned. "There's a d-dog" hearing that Jiang Yanli picked up the dog and put it back in it's cage. "I'll tell A-die to get rid of them" she said, a little upset that she wouldn't be able to see her dogs again, but for the sake of her new brother, she will do it.

"Y-you d-dont have to, Lady Jiang." He said still stuttering as he was obviously shy. "I know I don't have to but I want to." She looked at him and smiled, "oh and you can call me 'shijie' from now on ".

The dogs are gone, *poof* lol