2 | accessories

Note : Jiang Fengmian has already gave Wei Wuxian a sword, Jiang Yanli is 16 while Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian are both 14 . Back to the story ♡

JIANG YANLI AND JIANG CHENG'S cultivation was already quite high and they are improving as days goes by. The Jiang siblings had taught Wei Wuxian proper swordsmanship and it seems he is getting better as well.

Wei Wuxian was training by himself one day as everyone was asleep. He was about to grab his sword when someone grabbed his shoulder and gave him a scare. "Boo!" Jiang Cheng shouted.

"Jiang Cheng, don't scare people like that!" he chastised. "Sorry.." Jiang Cheng apologized sheepishly.

"How's training going? " the two boys turned to the direction the voice was coming from and there Jiang Yanli stood. "Shijie, it's going well" he smiled. "I'm glad to hear that."

"Oh right, Shijie, Jiang Cheng, I have made something for you two." he said as he revealed two golden hairpins from his sleeves. The hairpin was decorated with a yellow ribbon with beads dangling. "Ahh, it's beautiful! " Jiang Yanli said. "Do you need help wearing it, Shijie? " "Yes, please do" was the reply he got.

He fastened his own golden hairpin after helping his siblings with theirs.

"Did you make it by yourself? " Jiang Cheng asked. "Yes, I did. Whenever one of us is in trouble, the pin will shine and alert the others" Wei Wuxian explained. "That's amazing! That way, I can tell if this idiot is in trouble or not" Jiang Yanli pointed at Jiang Cheng.

"Enough with all the chit-chat, lets begin training" said Wei Wuxian. "But it's way too early! " Jiang Cheng complained. "I won't be giving anything to you two the entire year if you don't start training."

"What?" Jiang Yanli said loudly, exaggerating the 't'. "It's him who doesn't want to train. Why are you involving me in this?!" Jiang Yanli exclaimed as she wiped non-existent tears. Wei Wuxian was extremely gullible and felt guilty for making his Shijie upset so he went to comfort her. "I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, I'll make you something, anything you want."

"Just for me?" she asked softly-still on her crying act- and was ecstatic when he nodded to confirm it. "What do you want?" he asked her. "A lotus headband!", she stated. "Alright, I'll start tonight". Jiang Yanli hugged him before sticking her tongue out at Jiang Cheng. "Y-you!", Jiang Cheng stuttered, face red as he started chasing her around the training ground. Jiang Yanli hid behind Wei Wuxian as her supposedly shield and began screaming right beside his ear. "Look at him! Chasing his OLDER sister!"

"That's enough you two, please don't fight." The two Jiang siblings saluted the moment he said that and he could only begin to sigh.

"Hey, can I see your special ability?"

"Sure" was all he said before heading to the center of the training ground. He then sat in a meditating position with his legs crossed.

The silence was awkward and after five minutes of meditating and painful waiting, he opened his eyes and his eyes that were originally purple-ish grey to had changed to a shade of red. He then formed a glowing orb in his clutched fist and threw it at a wooden dummy only for it to be disintegrated, nothing but ashes remaining. "That was great!" The two started cheering for their brother. Of course, only members of the Jiang clan know about this secret ability Wei Wuxian possesses.

only 570 words (sobs)