10 | rescued

Lotus pier

"Mother, father!" Both Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng shouted while running to the main hall.

"A'Cheng, A'Li? What are you two doing here in such a rush?" Jiang Fengmian asked while getting up from his seat alarmed.

"Father, A'xian and second young master lan is trapped in the xuanwu cave. The exit is blocked and we need backup!" Jiang Yanli explained.

"What?! Why didn't you come here faster?! Who knows if they're even alive with that monster!" Yu Ziyuan got up from her seat in anger with her spiritual weapon sparking.

She then ordered her personal servants Jinzhu and Yinzhu and some disciples to follow her to get her son back safely.

Apparently, Jiang Fengmian had to stay behind to take care of the sect along with Jiang Cheng to help him.

...

Cloud recesses

"Shufu." Xichen rushed in and bowed quickly before explaining the situation with Jin Zixuan.

The only thing Lan Qiren could hear was loudness as both Jin Zixuan and his nephew was talking too quickly.

"Silence! One of you explain!" Lan Qiren said.

Jin Zixuan and Lan Xichen exchanged glances before Lan Xichen explain thoroughly.

"Hm, I see. Take some disciples with you. I need to take care of the sect." The two nodded and bowed before walking fast to get some help.

...

"Young Master Wei, my sincerest apologies for making you stuck here in this cave with me."

"No worries, Second Young Master Lan. And, you may call me Wei Ying." He smiled widely. Lan Wangji's heart was going haywire.

"Then, call me Lan Zhan."

Wei Ying was silently cheering knowing he could call Lan Zhan by his birth name.

"..." The two sat afar from each other, no one initiating a conversation.

The silence was calming to both persons, as both of the Young Masters feel calmer when there are not much noise.

"Wei Ying"  Lan Zhan called. "Yes?" He replied looking at the former.

"What you did just now, what was that bright orb?" Lan Zhan questioned.

"Uh... Ever since I was young, I've always had this special ability. It appears in death situations or with my emotions, its in the strongest form when I'm angry." Wei Ying explained.

"That's unique, you're gifted indeed." Lan Zhan complimented.

"But please don't say anything to anyone. Not your uncle or even your brother." Wei Ying pleaded.

"I promise, your secret is safe with me." With that, he leaned against the hard-stone wall and took a nap.

'He's such a nice guy, I hope we can be friends one day." Wei Ying thought.

He started to ponder about what his adoptive mother will do when she finds out he's stuck here in a cave with a monster and the Second Young Master Lan.

...

When Lan Zhan woke up, he found Wei Ying asleep. But, his eyebrows were furrowed, his eyes were clenched shut and there was tears running down his rosy cheeks.

He started to panic, he rushed towards the latter and started shaking his shoulders to wake him up. "Wei Ying, wake up!" but it went into vain when Wei Ying didn't wake up.

Lan Zhan started shaking his shoulders with more strength yet he still didn't awake. However, he had one idea left. Since he is most probably in a nightmare, what if he tried to comfort him from the inside?

What if Lan Zhan tried to hug Wei Ying? Would it calm him down?

So, Lan Zhan took a deep breath and wrapped him arms around Wei Ying. The tears stopped flowing down but he didn't awake consciousness just yet.

Lan Zhan removed his arms around Wei Ying and pulled out a soft white handkerchief to wipe away Wei Ying's tears.

He sighed deeply when the other finally awoke. When Wei Ying opened his eyes, he was met with Lan Zhan who was only inches from his face. "L-Lan Zhan?! W-what are you doing so close to me?"

"I'm assuming you encountered a nightmare as you cried just now." He had a raised brow even though he knew that was the only logical explanation.

"Yes..." Regaining back with what happened in his sleeps, Wei Ying just put on a fake smile to reassure Lan Zhan that he's fine.

Although, somehow Lan Zhan can see through his fake smile. But, he chose to remain silent.

"I've spotted an opening in the Xuanwu's neck. Since the skin is quite thick, we can maybe attack from the opening. If one of us goes in the monster and attack from the inner, and the other one attacks from the outer, we might just be able to eliminate it." Wei Ying tried changing the subject.

"Mn. But, who will go inside."

"I will" Lan Zhan frowned but nodded anyways.

...