13 | Dinner + Confession

Once Wen Qing and Wei Ying entered Qishan Wen Clan, they sat down at the dinner table and started eating.

While munching on some food, Wen Ruohan suddenly announced, "The wedding will be held at December."

The look or horror was displayed on both Wen Qing and Wei Ying's face.

That will be in seven months.

"Don't be so surprised. Anyways, what did you do when you were outside?"

Wen Qing, "I met a kind girl from Xi'An City. We conversed for a while before I had to go."

Wei Ying, "I met with an old classmate."

"Well, that's nice. Now, I have some work to do, you'll know where to find me." Wen Ruohan got up and headed for his office.

...

Wen Qing thought about Xiulan and thought to visit her house.

She knew the address as Xiulan told her once when she was talking.

So, she informed her uncle and left the place to meet with her new-found friend.

She reached Xi'An and approached the house.

She gently knocked the door three times before it was answer by someone Wen Qing was not familiar with.

"Greetings, is Xiulan home?" Wen Qing asked after bowing.

"Yes, she is. Who are you?" The mysterious girl asked smiling.

"I'm a friend of hers", Wen Qing said.

"Oh, come in then. I'll tell her you're here. What's your name again?"

"Wen Qing"

...

After a few minutes, Xiulan came outside of her room and was surprised to see Wen Qing.

"Wen Qing? What are you doing here?" Xiulan asked rubbing her eyes. Wen Qing thought she just woke up.

"I came for a visit. Who was the girl that opened the door?"

"That was the girl I told you about. You know, Jiaru?"

Wen Qing, "Oh. She is really pretty."

Xiulan, "Of course she is."

Jiaru, "I made some biscuit and tea, would you like some?"

"Yes please."

...

They enjoyed the biscuit and sweet tea together while Xiulan and Wen Qing are conversing.

Jiaru could sense that Xiulan and Wen Qing had a strong relationship and smiled.

"These cookies are delicious, where'd you get them?" Wen Qing asked.

"Jiaru made them herself!" Xiulan said with a proud smile. "If you want more, I'll go get some." Jiaru offered.

"Not necessary Maiden Li, I am about to head to Yunmeng Jiang."

"Ooh, can we tag along?" Xiulan asked with a sparkle in her eyes.

Wen Qing thought about it and thought why not have some company and nodded.

"Let's go! Come on Jiaru!" Xiulan said getting up from her seat.

Jiaru flinched when she heard the word 'Yunmeng Jiang'

"Ah, don't worry about me. I'll stay back." Jiaru tried to avoid going there for a mysterious reason.

"Huh? Come on, it'll be fun!" Xiulan said dragging Jiaru outside.