8 | archery conpetition

"A'Cheng, stop talking so long!" Jiang Yanli shouted at her brother who was taking excruciatingly long to get ready.

"I'm here!" He shouted as he ran out of his room and immediately started panting.

"What took you so long?!" Jiang Yanli was furious. "Shijie, it's fine. Don't lecture him.". Wei Wuxian softly said.

"Come on, you three! Get on the boat already!" Yu Ziyuan shouted from the docks. "Coming!" They all ran to the boat and got on.

"Listen here A'Cheng, don't embarrass us! And A'Li, stop shouting so much! A'Ying, make sure they don't get in trouble!"

"Yes mother." They all said, even Wei Wuxian. When Wei Wuxian finally called her mother, Yu Ziyuan could feel her heart sink to her stomach.

"Now go and make the Jiangs proud!"
Yu Ziyuan chirped happily, while Jiang Fengmian smiled and waved at his children.

...

At the Qishan Wen, they all got in lines according to their clan while wearing the vivid red Wen clan robes.

Which Jiang Cheng commented, "Ew! Why do we have to wear these hideous robes!"

"I for once agree they look horrendous." Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng continued to insult the robes while Wei Wuxian went to practice a it before the game.

While practicing, he heard a noise from the bushes and went towards it only to see a young boy clad in Qishan Wen clan robes.

"S-sorry! I-I d-didn't mean t-to e-eavesdrop." the boy stammered wildly.

"Don't worry, it's fine. Who are you?" Wei Wuxian asked the boy who was shaking like he was going to kill him.

"W-Wen Ning, courtesy name, Qionglin." he replied his green orbs scared.

"Then I'm Wei Ying, courtesy name, Wuxian." he introduced somewhat warmly.

"Y-you are very good at a-aiming." Wen Ning complimented with a small smile on his face.

"Thank you, I saw you were good too."

"T-thank you, young master."

"The rounds about to start, let's go back." Wei Wuxian started walking towards the place his siblings were with Wen Ning just trailing behind him.

...

All the clan leaders sat on the top to get a good view of the participants and the round.

Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan, madam Jin and Jin Guangshan, Nie Mingjue, Lan Qiren and lastly Wen Ruohan with Wen Chao and his spouse Wang Lingjiao and the side.

Nobody knew why they were here, especially Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng, who resented them with a passion.

Nie Mingjue had no idea why his brother even joined, all the boy did was paint, joke around and do anything except train with his saber!

Jin Guangshan was too prideful and had no doubt his son was going to win first place.

Lan Qiren did not want to be prideful as being too prideful was against the rules in Gusu. But, he silently cheered for his nephews.

Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan hoped that their children make in atleast the top 5.

And Wen Ruohan was just like Jin Guangshan, hoping his disciples win, whether it was fair or not, he didn't even care. He just wanted his clan to win.

"The archery competition, begins now!" one of the Wen disciples announced.

Jiang Yanli went separated to go with Jin zixuan, jiang cheng followed nie huaisang as the boy asked for his company because he was scared, and wei wuxian just went following behind Lan Wangji silently.

Within just minutes into the competition, a ton of Jiang and Lan fireworks shot up into the air.

"Your disciples are indeed very skilled, Fengmian, Qiren" Jin Guangshan commented with a fake smile to which he was just ignored.

"I expect no less form the purple spider." Jin guangshan laughed.

...

"Ah, jiang-xiong, help me!" Nie huaisang shouted as he ran towards jinag cheng with three targets trailing behind.

Jiang cheng pulled out three arrow, aimed.. and fired! All three on the head, aka bulleyes.

"Thank you, jiang-xiong!" Nie huaisang cheered.

***

Jiang Yanli kept shooting without missing like she was a machine gun with a speechless Jin Zixuan looking at her with awe.

Wei Wuxian has shot a ton himself with  Lan Wangji not fair behind.

Jin Zixuan shot only a few, he was too busy admiring Jiang Yanli.

Well, for Lan Xichen, he glanced a couple of times at his little brother and saw that he was happy with Wei Wuxian and smiled in content.

...

"Get your own targets and stop stealing mine!" Jiang Cheng shouted at a Jin disciple named Jin Zixun.

"I didn't see your name on it!" he argued back.

They continued fighting until Wei Wuxian came in. "A'Cheng."

Jiang cheng looked at him to see him shaking his head. "Well well well, who do we have here. Isn't it the son of a servant?!" Jin Zixun began hysterically laughing like a lunatic. "You need a servant to protect you?!"

"YOU-" Jiang Yanli shouted.

"leave it, A'Cheng, Shijie."

They glared at him before they walked away.

...

It was now the time to announce the winners of the archery competition.

"Fifth place goes to... Jin Zixuan of Lanling Jin!"

"The Jin disciples congratated him while his father had a big grin on his face.

"Fourth place goes to... Jiang Yanli of Yunmeng Jiang!"

Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan smiled proudly as Jiang Cheng started screaming as his sister won.

"Third place goes to... Lan Xichen of Gusu Lan!"

"Congratulations Xiongzhang." He suddenly popped up behind the man. Lan Qiren knew one of both of his nephews would make him proud.

"Second place goes to... Wei Wuxian of Yunmeng Jiang!"

"Yes! I knew it! Shixiong is very talented!"

"First place goes to... Lan Wangji of Gusu Lan!"

"Congrats Wangji!" His brother cheered. "Mn"

...

Thank you all for supporting my book, I'm really thankful for it.

I hope you all stay safe and well!