4 | gusu lan

"INVITATION?", the guard disciple demanded as they arrived at Cloud Recceses.

Jiang Cheng stepped forward and handed the invitation to the disciple. "Follow me", ordered the disciple as he escorted them towards the Main Hall. While trailing behind the guard disciple guiding them, Wei Wuxian took the time to appreciate the scenery.

Cloud Recceses was constantly enveloped in mist, giving it the appearance of a place floating on an ocean of clouds in the immortal realm. They were still strolling around the place when they crossed paths with the Gusu Lan sect leader, Lan Xichen.

"I'll take it from here", Lan Xichen informed the disciple guard as bowed right before leaving.

"Zewu-Jun", the three of them greeted politely.

"Childe Jiang, Childe Wei, Young Lady Jiang, it is an honour to have you hear", the secret leader welcomed in return.

They conversed with Lan Xichen for a while before they eventually arrived at their destination, the Main Hall. Lan Qiren, an elder of the Gusu Lan Clan known for producing outstanding students, was already patiently waiting for the Yunmeng Jiang guests to arrive.

He sighed the moment he laid eyes on the Yunmeng Jiang guests as they were already... fashionably late. Not even a day here and Lan Qiren already knew they were going to be a handful. ' It's because of people like this that I have white hair.. ', he thought to himself inwardly.

...

The Yunmeng trio had already been accustomed to their sleeping chambers. Unfortunately, the Gusu Lan sect was seperated between female and male disciples. This means they won't be able to see Jiang Yanli as often anymore.

They unpacked their bags and quickly became adjusted to their new surroundings. Fortunately or not, Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng was assigned the same room. Lan Qiren trusted them enough to not make trouble together. Oh, would he regret it..

...

"Jiang Cheng, why are you still awake, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. Go to sleep", Wei Wuxian questioned when he saw Jiang Cheng was wide awake.

"I'm heading out for a while" Jiang Cheng announced. "It's past curfew, your not allowed to go anywhere , it's against the rules."

"I know, but I'll just take a little stroll ", Jiang Cheng lied through his teeth. "Okay"

Jiang Cheng had bought a few jars of Emperor's Smile and snuck it out to drink it when everyone was asleep. "Drinking liquor is forbidden, staying up past curfew is also forbidden." A man dressed in white robes probably about his age stated the already obvious. ' When was he here and how come I wasn't able to sense his presence? '

"Who are you?" the unknown man questioned.

"Jiang Cheng of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect" , Jiang Cheng replied, who had unknowingly revealed his name to a stranger.

"Return to your room", the man ordered. "Let me finish my drink first", the Jiang replied with sass as he opened a new jar and drank shamelessly in front of the man. The man had lost his patience and unsheathed his sword. The man lunged at Jiang Cheng who dodged effortlessly but not without dropping one of the wine jars.

"Hey!", Jiang Cheng yelled angrily.

"Go back", the man ordered once again with a tone more aggressive than the previous one. "No"

The man slammed his foot onto the ground causing the last wine jar to break. "You! Didn't your mother teach you any manners?!" That comment was the final straw as the man attacked Jiang Cheng once more. This time however, Jiang Cheng had not anticipated the sudden attack and was negligent, resulting in a minor injury. "Fuck!", Jiang Cheng cried out in pain.

Wei Wuxian was worrying about Jiang Cheng and was not able to get an ounce of sleep. He immediately recognized the familiar voice and rushed outside. "What happened?!", Wei Wuxian was unable to process or understand the current events.
He was always calm and collected, to see him in distress was not an easy feat.

Jiang Cheng immediately pointed at the man standing behind Wei Wuxian. He turned around only to reveal the one and only, Lan Wangji.

"What are you two doing here?", Wei Wuxian asked, directing the question at Lan Wangji as he knew his brother wouldn't answer.

"Childe Jiang has already violated multiple rules in the short time he was here", Lan Wangji replied.

"If I may ask, which rules did he violate?" Wei Wuxian asked. "Drinking liquor, staying up past curfew and fighting on Gusu Lan Sect grounds without permission. Wei Wuxian deadpanned. It was to be expected, but to cause trouble on the first day.. Wei Wuxian truly didn't know how to handle his brother.

Jiang Cheng froze as his brother glared at him. After all, he really did lie to Wei Wuxian. Oh, he messed up big time.

What did he get himself into now ...? 😨