12 | new friends + confession

"Uncle, me and Qing-jie wants to go and visit some close friends. May we go?" Asked the innocent Wei Ying.

"You may, just be back before dinner." Wen Ruohan wasn't as bad as everyone thought.

Just like that, Wei Ying and Wen Qing bursted out the hallway and at the gate.

Wen Qing showed a red tassel which the sole perpose was a pass and the guard immediately let them through.

"We'll meet back here in an hour!" Yelled Wen Qing from afar waving.

...

"Wen Qing? What are you doing here?" Jiang Cheng asked in confusion.

"I'm here to talk-" She was cut off when Jiang Cheng interrupted her by saying, "Save it, I don't want to listen to anything."

She was going to leave when she was pulled into a corner by a random girl.

"Who are you?!" Wen Qing shouted before a hand covered her mouth.

"The names Fu Xiulan, I'm Jiang Cheng's childhood best-friend!" Said Xiulan grinning before she released her hand covering Wen Qing mouth.

"Well, since your his best-friend, may I ask you some questions?"

"Sure! Let's go somewhere else first!" Xiulan pulled Wen Qing into a room far from Yunmeng.

"Do you perhaps know what's his type..?" Wen Qing asks.

"Well.. I'm not sure. He's been blacklisted for a long time and no matchmakers can find the one for him. But.." Xiulan acted as she was thinking deeply even though she already knew.

"But..?"

"He likes girls who are independent, smart and very pretty!" She looked down at Wen Qing to see that she was.. crying?

"I'm sorry, excuse me." She quickly got up and ran outside to a garden like place.

It was relaxing.

There was the vibrant green grass, the fresh smell of air, the cooling sensation and to top it off, it was peaceful.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Said Xiulan sitting next to Wen Qing who was leaning down on a tree.

"It is.." Wen Qing looked down in sadness.

"Hey.. don't cry. You'll make me cry", Said Xiulan already tearing up.

"I'm sorry, it's just.. I don't want to get married. I love someone else, but if I don't then he'll kill my brother." Wen Qing said as she cried.

"There there, once your uncle is dead, you're free to tell him your feelings." Xiulan said as she patted Wen Qing back in a comforting manner.

"What if he loves someone else? What if he loves you?" Wen Qing says.

"Ew! I'm not into him, I love this girl already." Xiulan said.

"Oh.. What's her name?" Wen Qing asks.

"Li Jiaru"

"Well, wish you luck then." She said smilling.

"Likewise!"

As Xiulan and Wen Qing got closer. Wen Qing felt something she never did before. She felt genuinely happy.

"May I ask how is this Li Jiaru like?" Wen Qing asks suddenly.

Xiulan smiled before answering. "Well, she is really kind, passionate and determined. She has goals that she works hard to achieve and she never gives up." Fu Xiulan took a deep breath before continuing.