5 | punishment

THE SUN ROSE UP, golden torrents of light beaming brightly upon Cloud Recesses. The faint sound of padding against the gravel pathway could reach the passerby's ears. Jiang Cheng was speed walking on his way to find Wei Wuxian and scold him for not waking him up.

The first thing he noticed when woke up was the sunlight shining through the open window. He looked around and realised that Wei Wuxian was no where to be seen "Why didn't he wake me up", he questioned to no one in particular. He left his room and thats what led him to their current situation. Isn't it just lovely how he crossed paths with his sister?

"Jie! Have you seen Wei Wuxian?" Jiang Cheng asked his sister. " I haven't, why?", was Jiang Yanli's response, a sixth sense told her Jiang Cheng had something to do with it.

"I snuck in liquor and stayed up past curfew yesterday. I'm afraid I got caught" He looked down embarrassed. "A-cheng!" Jiang Yanli yelled. "I know, I know! I'm going to the discipline hall right now for my punishment."

"Speaking of discipline hall, I did actually see A-Xian go there... hold on a second" They shared a look of understanding as they sprinted to the discipline hall. Damn Wei Wuxian and his savior complex.

They barged in the discipline hall only to see a disciple punishing their brother with a discipline ruler. "Couldn't you knock?" Lan Qiren said, clearly upset.

"A-Xian!" Jiang Yanli said with tears gathering in her eyes. "Wei Wuxian! Why are you always like this?!" Jiang Cheng was angry at himself for getting Wei Wuxian punished.

"I-its my choice, Jiang Che-" He couldn't even finish his sentence before his vision blurred and he passed out. "A-Xian!/Wei Wuxian!" Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng called as they rushed to his side and caught his collapsing body.

"He deserved it" Lan Qiren with no pity at all. "He didn't" It was Lan Wangji who was just passing by when he heard the Jiang sibilings causing a ruckus again.

"How so? He clearly broke the rules" Lan Qiren said. "As a matter of fact, it was Childe Jiang." Lan Wangji glared at Jiang Cheng."What?! Wei Wuxian said he broke the rules ?!" Now everyone present was in a state of shock.

"A-Xian.."Jiang Yanli cried her eyes out, it hurts knowing her brother is always taking the blame for Jiang Cheng. "Jiang Wanyin!" Jiang Cheng was not in the right state of mind and unintentionally hit his head against the wall. Wei Wuxian awoke "Shijie?" Every limb Wei Wuxian possessed felt like it was burning but atleast he was conscious.

"A-Xian!" Jiang Yanli gave him a bone-crushing hug. He looked around to see Jiang Cheng's head was bleeding from the hard impact.

"Jiang Cheng!" Wei Wuxian stumbled towards him, Wei Wuxian started shaking him by the shoulders but no response.

"What have you done?!" Wei Wuxian eyes glowed bright red and Jiang Yanli thought she saw wrongly.

"What happened to him?!" His eyes glowed even brighter than before causing Lan Qiren and everyone there to be on their guard as they tensed up.

"A-Xian.. your eyes" Jiang Yanli was scared as well. "Oh", his eyes returned to their original colour. He carried Jiang Cheng on his back even though it hurt like hell.

"A-Xian, what about your back?" Jiang Yanli asked softly. "I know, but who else is going to carry him if I dont?" And with that, he left abruptly.

...

Wei Wuxian was still recovering from the wounds he received ,courtesy of Lan Qiren. He was drifting off into slumber when he heard a gentle knock on his door. "Come in" It was Lan Wangji. "Do you need something, Secong Young Master Lan?", Wei Wuxian questioned. "I wanted to apologize."

"What for?" Wei Wuxian was puzzled. "My uncle wrongly hit you and I didn't help to clear things up." He was too ashamed to even look Wei Wuxian in the eye. "It's fine." Wei Wuxian said with a velvety sweet smile. "Still, I'm sorry", Lan Wangji said. "Oh, I actually have something for you" He revealed a jade pass and placed it in Wei Wuxian's hands. "And what would this be?", Wei Wuxian looked at him. "Oh, it's a jade pass, you may show it to the guards and they'll t you enter."

"Thank you."

(So sorry for not posting yesterday, I had a presentation due tomorrow with my friends and I couldn't find any free time to post.)

well, stay safe lovelies ♡