Day 1x1 - Discovery

note: (it's expected the reader knows very little about FNAF and it's history)

(set one year after FNAF:SB and in an alternate timeline in which Vanessa adopts Gregory, basically combo of Redemption+Burntrap. She's the closest thing to 'human' family he's got).

(also managed to write the entire thing without using any pronouns to refer to the reader. you can now be whatever gender you want!)

============================================================================

"Come in and take a look. Even if you can't fix 'em, we'll still pay you the full night."

You are (Your/Name) (or Read), a freelance mechanical technician and sometimes electrical engineer.

"Any machine large or small I can work on!" was your 'official' motto. In reality it really was "give me work please."

Since a young age you had been skilled with a wrench, soldering gun and any tool to work on machines. You stipulated, of course, you would repair anything as long as it paid enough. Well, usually. In this economy you took whatever job you could get.

A rep from a local company reached out to you this morning asking if you would come by to take a look at busted animatronic that had long since been retired. He purported to be a representative of the Fazbear Entertainment chain. You didn't catch his actual name.

Surprised you hadn't heard much of it he gave you a quick history of the place. It was a restaurant and entertainment brand that used animatronics; humanoid robotics as a gimmick and was primarily geared towards children and young families.

You'd heard the name appear in the news regarding various incidents and strange occurrences before. You question him about it but he just stammered and offered an entire day's pay instead. He practically begged you to just come in and look at the robot for a few hours tonight. With a full day's pay for a few hours of work you accepted. To play safe you left a little stipulation that if it was beyond repair you would still get paid. The Rep seemed confident that it could be fixed but agreed anyhow. He seemed relieved that you at least accepted.

Relieved, the rep asked you to come by after closing and there would be someone there to let you in.

Time flew by and it was just a little after 6:00PM now. You intended to get there in a couple hours but before you wanted to prepare yourself.

Prior to your departure you decided to spend some time looking at videos of the animatronics. Get a feel for what you were supposed to work on.

You found them interesting and although the videos weren't the highest quality you could see a lot of work went into them. You wonder which one it was they wanted repaired. You also read a bit about the shady history of the company. Just as you remembered they have been in the news a lot. There was a plethora of public information about disappearances, rumours, incidents and more.

And that was just what was publicly known. The most recent event was a fire that occurred last year. Nobody was injured and the plex was closed for a few weeks after.

Those headlines juxtaposed with the massive animatronics gave you another idea. If you were going to go into this place you needed to be safe. You pack your trusty tazer and holster and strap it to your pants.

"Just in case." You say aloud.

Before you left you filled a backpack with various electrical and mechanical tools. You also bring a small toolbox for some stuff that wouldn't fit. You had also charge your phone just before leaving.

Now 8:00PM on the dot you find yourself at the place.

You were standing at the entrance of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Plex. It was a massive kid's mall based around said chain. You were only vaguely aware of the establishment. The most you knew was that it seemed every year or so it appeared in the news for one thing or another. Other than that, it had never been on your radar. This was your first time standing outside of the daunting plex.