Day 3x2 - A Crudely Drawn Picture

"C-Can I see him? What happened to him?"

A few minutes pass, Freddy studying the photo and you watching carefully. It seemed to have calmed him. After him nearly attacking you, you decided it was up to him to make the next move. He could take as long as he wants looking at that photo.

From behind you, the door whooshes open.

"Hey, Freddy. I'm-" A young voice says entering the room. He stops upon seeing you and Freddy.

"Freddy, is everything alright?" You turn. There stood a kid wearing khaki shorts and a green Hawaiian t-shirt, he had blue shoes on. Behind him stood Vanessa. That must be Gregory, you thought. He didn't pay you too much mind; he was more worried about Freddy's serious expression.

This snapped Freddy out his trance instantly. He quickly hid the picture behind his back and directed his full attention to Gregory. "Y-yes superstar. Everything is fine. I was just having a chat with uhh-uhh..." He looked to you. He sounded uneasy.

"(Y/N)." You interject. You give the kid a smile that everything was indeed alright.

"Yes. That's it. We were just discussing things. Yes. Things."

"Well. Alright Freddy. I just wanted to say bye for the night. I gotta go now." Gregory said. The kid knew something was up but let it slide for now. Taking notice of Vanessa you notice her staring right at now, looking annoyed. You guess she had figured out what you had done and wasn't happy. The secret was out, you think.

Trying as best to be sneaky Freddy hid the photo under a pillow on the couch.

He walked up to Gregory and kneeled on one leg, pulling the boy into a hug. Gregory hugged back. As they engaged with each other, Vanessa cleared her throat. "(Y/N)? Could I talk to you outside?" You get ready for her to reprimand and chastise you. This was it Vanessa was going to reprimand you.

Maybe you could lie, say you were looking for your watch. Yeah. You'll just say that.

You follow Vanessa outside the room as Gregory and Freddy said their goodbyes. You say nothing, waiting for Vanessa to start. "I'm going to be leaving the plex for half a hour to drop Gregory off home. I've got another guard watching the place, just page 745 if you need anything."

"I, uh, okay." That was unexpected. Maybe she didn't think you were telling Freddy everything? Whatever the case you thank your luck. The thought also crosses your mind that maybe she doesn't care.

Vanessa went back inside and got Gregory. The two step out of the room having said their goodbyes and Freddy waves the two off. They disappear into the main hall leaving you and Freddy outside.

Taking notice the time, you had gone overboard for this break and should've resumed work already. On one hand, you felt bad for breaking it off with Freddy but you needed to get back to work. "I should go too." You say to him. "Wait. I have so many questions. Please stay." He says, mood changing instantly. He places a hand on your shoulder, stopping you.

It wasn't too hard, but firm enough that you got the message.

"He's still a work in progress but I think I should be able to get him up and running soon. He was damaged badly." You start to turn away.

Freddy grabs your arm and brings his face close to yours. You try to back up but he's gripping you too tightly. "C-Can I see him? What happened to him?" He asks.

You can feel heat emanating off of him and your mind goes blank for a second. His big blue eyes take up your vision. "N-no. Not yet. Let me fix him more." You were starting to get flustered. Freddy lets go and moves back.