Day 5Ax5 - Solar Eclipse

"Well look who it is! You're going in time out!"

At the bottom of the lobby the two bots don't notice you. However, as you pass by the clear window of the cafe you catch 4 eyes glaring at you then disappear. You tap Bonnie to get his attention.

Suddenly the doors to the Cafe burst open, two distorted security bots coming out of it. They ignore Bonnie and charge you holding a spatula and coffee pot. They shout something distorted but you can't make it out.

Before the one with the coffee pot could reach you Bonnie grabs it by the throat, slamming it against the wall. It reacts by smashing the coffee pot against Bonnie's face. He doesn't even react to it but rips the head off the bot instead. It falls to the ground. Bonnie lets out some kind of roar.

The other one continues charging at you, Bonnie distracted. Before he could strike you with the spatula you grab its arm and bring it close, activating your tazer and hitting it right in the chest. Everything lights up as the metal chest distributes the volts all over. The bot shakes for a second before dropping the spatula and you let it fall to the ground. It trips and falls down the stairs. The rubber armbands the bot had shielded you from the resulting shock.

The crashed bot rolls down, inertia increasing its speed before it slams into one of the security bots by the statue, knocking it down too.

The other bot rolls off seemingly not noticing its fallen allies. The entrance to the plex was clear but looking down you could see the door was shuttered off. Even if you wanted to leave there didn't look to be any conventional way.

"Doing alright?" You ask Bonnie. He nods, serious expression on his face. You go over to inspect the bot Bonnie decapitated. "O-oh, sorry. I didn't mean to." He said, worried he may have gone too far.

"It's fine. Just don't do it to Sun." You shrug.

It did occur to you that after tonight you'd probably have to fix each bot. That was even assuming this whole situation didn't get you fired. Nah. Based on the report, Gregory practically burned down the entire plex and they were still cool with him. Looking at the bot it looked like only the wires had been ripped out. "It's an easy fix." You say to ease Bonnie's anxiety.

You pick up the bots head, examining the distorted face, feeling it too. It wasn't painted or carved on. This was the actual expression it had. It must have been some alternate face mode they had.

Why would the designers have even done this? You figure out that all the bots must have some kind of 'scary' mode, maybe to ward off robbers. Or Maybe it was a Halloween thing? Those are the only things you can think of as to why they would even have this ability.

Just before you continue with Bonnie you get an idea. You look around, checking if there were any more bots.

"Can you protect me for a second, Bonnie? I need to do something." He looks anxious. "Are you sure? Do you need to fix it right now?"

"I'm not fixing it, just need to examine something."

"Alright."

Using your screwdriver and wrench you disassemble the chest plate and take it off. The wires inside were tangled. Brushing them aside you get to what you were looking for. Inside the bot was a dimly glowing blue battery. It was a much smaller version than what in Bonnie. Disconnecting wires you extract it. It fits snugly into the ring on your pants. The ring was meant for hammers but the battery fit perfectly.

Cutting a few wires you pack them in your pocket. Bonnie looks at you quizzically.

"Watch this." You take the spare wires and attach them connecting the battery and tazer. You turn on the tazer. The small electrical glow current doubles in size, almost looking like a torch now.