Day 3x1 - No Sudden Movements

You awake to the sound of a phone call. Groggily, you reach to the coffee table in front but roll off the couch, hitting your head on the table. Still tired but not annoyed, you answer. It was the rep. Brain on autopilot you recall there being a brief conversation, mostly him praising your work and thanking you for sticking to the job. He acknowledged the report and stated that he would have replacement parts ready ASAP.

As the call comes to an end you recall that you needed to ask him something. You don't remember what so you just let the call end, him again thanking you for your work so far. He apparently did not expect you to make it this far with the work.

A bit awake now you check the time. 10:21AM. You grumble. It's still too early for you. You get up and go to a more comfortable spot, your bed.

You sleep far more soundly than the previous day. It helps being exhausted from the night before though the answers you got also give you some resolve.

You fully awake around 6:00PM. You make some food; go to a walk-in clinic for a quick tetanus shot do some miscellaneous stuff around the apartment. You also charge both your phone and the tazer. Sure, it wasn't one of those 'fancy'  long-range, police-issue ones but it did the job. It's not like any of the animatronics had 'long-range' capabilities. At least, you hope not.

It occurs to you later that you were supposed to ask the rep what happened to Bonnie. Oh well, next time. At least your hand was healing nicely. It required a few bandages but for the most part it would be back to normal in a few days.

By 10:00PM you were ready to go and get another night done of work. You also remember to pack an energy bar or two just in case.

It's a bit warmer tonight but the cool air still lingered. Outside waiting at the plex doors was Vanessa. She was not on her phone this time instead staring aimlessly. When got closer she noticed you.

"Hey (Y/N), ready to go?"

"Evening, Vanessa. And, yes, I am."

Vanessa unlocks the doors and the two of you enter.

"Everything alright? You weren't in yesterday."

"Yeah, something came up. Don't worry about it. You know where to go?"

The plex seemed darker somehow. Maybe the evening lights weren't on bright enough? It evoked an ominous feeling. So far you could get around mostly okay with your sight and ambient phone light. With how dark it was this night you reckon you may need to use your phones built in flashlight.

"Yep. I'll be in parts and services. How was Freddy today?"

"He still seemed a bit out of it but apparently he was better today. Did he bother you last night?"

You decide to lie. "No, barely saw him."

"Hm, well he'll hopefully be better tonight." You nod. "Oh, and if you see a kid with brown hair wandering the plex just ignore him. He's with me."

"A kid? What is he, a lost customer?"

"Don't worry, management knows. He has a long history here. He's a cousin of mine. Name's Gregory. He helps the animatronics out."

Flashbacks of Freddy trying to hunt you down last night appear in your mind as you ask, "He helps them out?" You try to envision a child experiencing what you did. Maybe the animatronics behave differently around kids, you think.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. It's a long story."

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind." Gregory, huh? That name had appeared yesterday on one of the watches. He must be close with Freddy, you think. You were a bit skeptical about the legality of having a kid run around after hours but weren't going to question it further. Not your problem.