Day 5Bx2 - Not By the Hair On My Chin!

"I think some rules are meant to be broken."

(if you're seeing this again it's because I accidentally uploaded the beta version of the chapter instead of the correct one, will publish the next chapter sooner as a sorry :/)

"You shouldn't have come back here kid." A deep, feminine voice said from afar. Moon saw it first. "Duck!" He shouted. Gregory saw from the side, behind one of the counters, Roxanne diving towards him. She let out a guttural scream, narrowly missing the ducking Gregory.

Now Playing...

Artist: Filmmaker

Song: Castle Maze

She landed perfectly on her feet in the middle of the hall, barely missing the tables and chairs.

"You're coming with me pipsqueak." She said, threatening Gregory.

Gregory stashed the flashlight and drew his gun. Moon drew his scarf. Barely missing a heartbeat she charged Gregory, running on all fours. He prepared to aim but the moment she saw him she started moving serpentine. Moon grabbed Gregory out the way and threw a mop bot at her just as she dove. He ran with the boy several metres back.

"Oh you have a helper, huh?" Roxanne said, finally noticing Moon. "Two can play that game too." She put her two fingers in her mouth and whistled. Gregory had never seen her do that before.

All the security bots in the area immediately turned their attention to Roxanne. She pointed at the two and they all began rolling towards them.

Moon put Gregory down. "There's too many of them! We need to run!" Moon shouted, assessing the situation.

Gregory nodded motioning towards the main entrance. The pair started running, not looking back.

Roxanne started to run at them again but ran directly into one of the bots, it having gotten in her path. She cursed as she pushed it off her.

Back in the lobby, Gregory and Moon knew they needed to hide. "Get in the café. I'll d-distract them." Moon said, fear starting to rise in his voice.

"What about you?"

"I'll climb the tree." He said before running off. Gregory nodded and ran into the Café, closing the doors behind him. His presence in the café triggered some lights giving the room an orange glow. It was still pretty dark in it however. Gregory ducked behind the counter.

A few seconds after Gregory had disappeared into the café Roxanne and the bots poured in from the entrance. Moon scrambled to the top of a palm tree ensuring the bots couldn't reach him. They just encircled the tree staring up at him.

Roxanne jumped into the lobby, eyes full of anger. She noticed Moon instantly, the bots around the tree giving him away.

"Where is he?!" She demanded from Moon.

"Whyever who do you mean?" Moon asked, feigning ignorance. Roxanne growled at him in response.

"It doesn't matter. Hide him all you want. You forget I can see things you can't? I will find him." She said. Her eyes blinked from red to yellow as she looked around before settling on the café.

Moon had been hiding it until this point but he was terrified. He'd never faced any of the animatronics before, let along Roxanne with a small army. Sun wasn't there this time to encourage him either. He closed his eyes and gathered his thoughts.