Ch. 48 - THE DIVINE MOVE

Sawyer's outfit:

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

Chapter Forty-Eight🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

Chapter Forty-Eight
🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott said as he, Lydia and Deaton walked into the clinic. "The problem is, he's not just possessing anyone. He's possessing Sawyer, someone who if reaches their full potential, which is still unknown, could be very powerful." Deaton said and Scott nodded slightly, "And it's killing her until she can separate from him." 

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Lydia asked and Deaton sighed, "I don't know... This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore." He said. "Is there anything that does?" Scott asked and Deaton shook his head slightly. 

"Possibly...When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare." Deaton explained making realization cross over Lydia's features. "Powerful objects? Like an Alpha's claws?" Lydia asked, making Deaton look over at her, "Which Alpha?" 

"Talia Hale. Peter has them in a wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?" She asked and Deato nodded, "It was." He said. "How do you know?" Scott asked and Deaton looked over at him, "Because I made it." Deaton said. 

🦊 

Sawyer walked up to the front desk before leaning against slightly as she smiled at the nurse. "Hi, there." She said, making the man sigh slightly before looking up at her as two Oni appeared behind her. "Could you page Melissa McCall for me, please?" Sawyer asked as the nurses looked back and forth between the oni with wide eyes. 

All of a sudden, one of the Onis stabbed their sword through the front desk and through the nurse's torso. The oni pulled the sword back and the nurse pressed his hands to his bleeding stomach as he looked up at Sawyer. She smiled at him before he slowly fell to the ground as the lights flickered around them.