Ch. 72 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Sawyer's outfit:

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

Chapter Seventy-Two🌒 Damnatio Memoriae 🌘

Chapter Seventy-Two
🌒 Damnatio Memoriae 🌘

Sawyer and Stiles slowly woke up and glanced over at the hospital bed next to them, only to see their dad nowhere in sight. The two furrowed their brows slightly as they looked at each other.

A moment later the twins stepped out of the elevator before walking over to the morgue. They looked into the window to the door to find Stilinski standing there, looking at a dead body, Donovan's dead body. Stiles and Sawyer glanced at each other for a moment before taking a deep breath before opening the door, making their father look up at them.

"The story Theo told me about the library? That's how it happened... Except it didn't happen to him." Stilinski said and Sawyer took a deep breath before nodding slightly, "Kind of... Donovan was going after Stiles and I made the scaffolding fall." She said

"Guys, I can't protect you if I don't know the truth. Did you really feel like you couldn't tell me?" Stilinski asked and the twins shook their heads, "We couldn't tell anyone." They both said. "Did you think that I wouldn't believe it was self-defense?" Stilinski asked, making Sawyer look up at him, "What if it wasn't? What if I told you I wanted him dead?" She asked.

"I'd believe you. I also believe that wanting someone dead and murdering them are two very different things." Stilinski said and Stiles raised his eyebrows, "Yeah, but what if the judge doesn't think so?" He asked. "Then to hell with the judge! Guys, it was self-defense. And I would destroy every shred of evidence to protect the two of you if I had to. I would burn the whole Sheriff's station to the ground." He said and before he and Stiles pushed Donovan's body back into the fridge while Sawyer raised her eyebrows.

"What about upholding the law? What about Kira?" Sawyer asked and her father sighed softly, "Kira was a mistake. I guess I'm learning how to bend." He said. "So, what? It just goes away?" Stiles asked and Stilinski shook his head, "Not for the two of you. The problem now is how to bear this burden. This kind of thing is not at all uncommon in law enforcement. A fatal mistake, a partner who dies... Or one who gets paralyzed." Stilinski said, making the twins glance at each other.