Ch. 84 - RELICS

Sawyer's outfit:

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

▪︎ 🖤 🏳️‍🌈🕯▪︎

Chapter Eighty-Four⚡Relics⚡

Chapter Eighty-Four
Relics

"It's a relic." Lydia says as she held out Jake Sullivan's ID to Sawyer, Scott and Malia while they stood in the hallway, along with Anakin. "What's a relic?" Malia asked, "An object with a fixed association to the past. Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken and Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bathroom floor." Sawyer explained but Malia still looked confused.

"How can someone be erased and still leave something behind?" Malia asked and Lydia sighed slightly, "Conservation of mass. The total of mass of any isolated system remains constant." She explained as realization crossed over Scott's features.

"So, even the Ghost Riders have a weakness." He said and Sawyer nodded, "A relic could prove that Stiles existed." She said and Scott looked hopeful.

"And we could bring him back."

Sawyer and Anakin stood in front of her father at the station as she showed him the ID and explained everything to him and an idea she had. "You wanna search the house? You live there." He asked, looking at her like she was slightly crazy as she nodded, "I wanna look at the places I don't normally look at or go. People are leaving things behind. So if Stiles left anything-" She started to explain but he cut her off.

"Why would it be there?" He asked, making her sigh softly as she sat down, "I'm going off a hunch that I'll explain later... But you can't just erase people. They leave things behind." She said. Stilinski stared at her for a moment before sighing and setting down the ID card.

"I couldn't sleep last night so... I figured I'd do some paperwork. The files were in the back of the car so I got to the garage and some junk had fallen off the shelf and I stubbed my toe on a baseball bat. Without thinking I yelled your name and another name..." He said and Sawyer nodded slightly.

"Stiles."

A few minutes later Sawyer slowly walks around the living room of her house looking for anything that could be a relic. Anakin was laying on the couch, watching her walk around. Sawyer was momentarily distracted by some pictures next to the TV, some of her parents, some of her and her parents.