00. #OURSHITTYLIFES

⩩ MIYOUNG POV

MIYOUNG POV

Sometimes you have to make a choice

Sometimes you have to make a choice. Important choices. For me, the choice now is to decide if I want to learn to live with my problems and accept it all, or I can choose to give a middle finger to all my problems and not give a fuck at all.

The latter option sounded better to my ears. Finer. Like someone in my head was telling me to choose it, so I was pretty sure to choose that option.

And that's what I did. I actually did the last option. I raised my middle finger to my problems, or let's say, problem. Dad.

Maybe that wasn't the best and safest option.

I don't think my father was happy with the fact that I thought he was the problem and raised my middle finger at him. In fact, he got so mad at me that he put me out on the street the first week after scolding me quite badly. Dad thought I could learn from this, but I stayed away from home for at least two weeks. To be honest, I liked life without my father.

I stayed with an old friend of mine, a psycho, Hyewon, who has since found other friends. (Me too by the way). Her grandparents took good care of me and for the first time I felt the love that people are really supposed to give to a child. At this point I was only 7 years old.

By now I am 10 years older and my life is total shit, but I think everyone has a shitty life. Especially around this age.

People know me as a highly sensitive person, HSP. They don't know why, I've never told them that either. The biggest reason is my past.

Dad was an alcoholic. He drank too much. The police often came to our house and in total my father spent at least a year or two in jail. And Mom, she committed suicide in front of me. I couldn't process what happened, but now I know it was because of my father.

But I suppose everyone has his or her story that way. I can't be the only one, can I?

"Miyoung, what are you thinking about?"

When I heard my name I looked up. It was Sunoo, one of my best friends. I put a small smile on my face. "Nothing to worry about. I guess I was just in another world for a while," I lied as Sunoo nodded.