19. WE'VE LOST THE SUMMER

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV - EVERYONE EXCEPT HEESEUNG AND YOON AH -

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV
- EVERYONE EXCEPT HEESEUNG AND YOON AH -

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV - EVERYONE EXCEPT HEESEUNG AND YOON AH -

The sun was setting. The group of teenagers were still in the same place, somewhere in the middle of the unknown city, hidden. Hidden from the police and the psychopaths.

Half of the group was in a deep sleep. Miyoung lay on Jungwon's lap. Jay and Haneul were in each other's arms. Sunghoon and Hyewon lay together. Riki, Sunoo and Jake were sitting alone on the hard rock somewhere in a corner, still talking to each other.

"What should we do now? We're completely lost," Sunoo sighed and looked at his feet. "I don't want to go home, but I also don't want to be here anymore. How do we get out of here?"

Jake shook his head. He really had no idea.

Riki looked up. "I think I know something," he said quickly. "When I escaped with the group, I saw a light yellow van parked by the road. There are couches facing each other in the back and room for three in the front. Without Yoon Ah and Heeseung, there is enough room for all of us. We just have to make sure that we can break into that van over there. I had already talked to Jay. He likes cars and knows that this van doesn't need a key to start. It has a button."

"That's actually quite clever..." Sunoo said in surprise. "And since it's evening and hardly anyone is on the street-"

"We can steal the van without being seen," Jake finished Sunoo's words.

Riki jumped up. "Let's wake everyone up."

"No fucking way," Haneul said with her mouth open

"No fucking way," Haneul said with her mouth open. "You want to cause us more trouble?"

"Come on! This is our only chance to get out of here!" Riki shook Haneul's shoulders to convince her.

The sleeping group, now awakened by the 3 awake boys, was still too tired to realize what they were up to.

At least Haneul didn't think it was a good idea to run away in the van. If someone found out that they had stolen the van, they would definitely be screwed. They already were, but this would only cause more trouble.

"Smart, but not practical," Hyewon continued. "We're going to jail this way!"

"If we don't get out of here, we'll be arrested for murder anyway, for stealing a car and setting it on fire!" Jay said, the only one left who agreed with the 3 boys' plan. "We have to leave now and this is our only choice!"

Sunoo nodded. "Besides, if we run into Heeseung and Yoon Ah here in this town, another victim will get hurt. We have to get out of this town and leave them behind. We shouldn't meet them, no way."

Miyoung sighed. "You're right..."

"We can't deny that, no," Sunghoon pouted.

Jungwon stood up with difficulty, as he was in pain from the gunshot wound. "Let's go."

"It's 5 against 4," Jake said confidently. "We're getting out of here."

They did it

They did it.

They broke into a random van belonging to a resident of this city with a pocket knife they found somewhere on the street. Surely it had been left behind by someone.

It was now 11 o'clock in the evening. It was a full moon. Jay was behind the wheel and everyone else except Haneul was asleep, who was sitting next to Jay. Next, Riki was sitting next to Haneul, dreaming nicely. The rest were in the back on the benches facing each other.

Fortunately, there was finally enough room for everyone to sit on a bench or chair. The previous few times, someone always had to sit in the trunk.

Jay drove along a road where no one else was driving at the moment. A road on the edge of some kind of cliff. There was a guardrail, of course. The sky was clear tonight. There was not a cloud in sight, the moon shone velvet and stars were everywhere in the sky. There was also a kind of green and purple streak that gave the horizon a nice color. It seemed almost too unreal to believe.

Haneul lay her head on Jay's shoulder, who was focused on driving the van. She stared at the beautiful view in front of her. She had nothing on her mind for a moment. Nothing she could think about. Painkillers were even out of the question.

It was a busy day and everyone needed to clear their heads for a while. So much is happening in this group.

What should have been the summer of their lives has become total chaos. Nothing could go right.

From car crashes to attempted murders.

It's a untrue story, it sounds. But unfortunately, this group literally had to experience it. They are far from finished with this story. They have only just begun. And before they get home safely, quite a journey awaits them.

"We've lost the summer..." Jay muttered.

Haneul had no strength to answer and closed her eyes. She was tired. So was Jay, but he had to get the group to a safe place first.

It took about an hour for Jay to find a good spot for the group. After a little drive along the coasts, through forests and through small villages, the van arrived at a spot by a large lake surrounded by green hills.

It was about a 10-minute drive from a village, where all the little stores could be found. They could steal food and drink from there. They could also refuel the van there. This place seemed ideal.

A little remote, but safe enough for the 9 remaining teens to find overnight accommodations for the next few nights.

If they don't run into Yoon Ah, Heeseung, the police or other people who got them into trouble on their journey, everything should be just fine.

Jay looked back over his shoulder and saw everyone sleeping fine. He smiled sweetly before closing his eyes himself. "Good night everyone," he said before he himself drifted off to sleep from the fatigue of it all.