06. HER BACKSTORY

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV - IN THE HOUSE -

3RD PERSON POV
- IN THE HOUSE -

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV - IN THE HOUSE -

A loud thud sounded. The old man fell to his knees, blood dripping from his body and leaving stains on his clothes. He fell backwards, against the closet where Heeseung and Hyewon were sitting. They were both startled by a small slap that hit the closet.

Heeseung carefully pushed from inside the closet door, but barely got it open because of the man blocking the way. When Heeseung got the door fully open, Hyewon screamed out everything. There was someone lying dead in front of them and Jay, just down the hallway with a gun in his hands.

"You're a murderer!" Hyewon screamed, everyone who was downstairs (except Riki, who was still under the couch) came up and were shocked by the sight. All were gasping for breath.

Jay dropped the gun to the ground and put his hands in the air. "Sorry about that, he was only planning to kill you guys so actually I saved you. You're welcome!"

Haneul walked up to the man in irritation and grabbed him by the arm. "Be grateful to him, Hyewon! Because of him I'm dead now and I couldn't have killed you!" She said in a high-pitched squeaky voice as she waved the arm at Hyewon to tease her.

"EW! Get rid of that corpse!" Hyewon screamed as she pulled herself further towards Heeseung so he could protect her, but Heeseung wasn't thinking about that at the time and was still shocked by the corpse. Haneul chuckled at how stupid the other girl seemed from being so scared of a dead body.

"Hey?!" Someone suddenly called from downstairs, not Riki. "Is anyone home? Where are you guys? Sunoo? Jake?"

Sunoo and Jake both looked back down to see that Miyoung and Jungwon were walking through the house, but strangely with another girl.

"We have a problem," Jake said.

"So do we," Jungwon replied back before everyone gave a deep sigh. This is going to be a long day...

"Yoon ah," The separate girl Jungwon and Miyoung had encountered earlier spoke

"Yoon ah," The separate girl Jungwon and Miyoung had encountered earlier spoke. "Min Yoon ah is my name."

Everyone looked at her, intently. Who is this girl, where is she from, and why did she necessarily run up to that duo and ask for help? Yoon ah sat on the couch, next to Miyoung and Jungwon (of course). On the other couch were Haneul, Jay and now Riki who has woken up after sleeping (although, he bumped his head when he woke up because he was under the couch after all). And the rest sat on chairs they grabbed from the kitchen. Sunoo only not, he was sitting comfortably on a pillow on the floor.

Yoon ah looked at the rest, straight in the eyes. Everyone had introduced themselves nicely and now it was her turn. She wasn't too sure what to say. After all, they were total strangers. Was it a good idea to ask for help from people around her age only to end up in an old house with a corpse in a wheelbarrow that was now parked outside the door?

Teenagers of this generation really are completely screwed up.

There was someone in the group immediately that caught her eye. Heeseung is his name. He was immediately nice to her, offering her a drink and giving her his coat for the cold. Miyoung and Jungwon may have helped her with shelter, but she liked Heeseung just a little bit more.

But the fact that she liked Heeseung so much also brought a disadvantage with it. Hyewon. She's like a pick-me girl, an attention whore. She likes to get attention from boys and acts scared of everything. She couldn't stand her behavior and so couldn't look at her or speak to her.

Hyewon sighed deeply. "Go on, we don't have all day little bitch-"

"Just shut your fucking mouth," Riki said irritably, almost adopting Jay's behavior. He turned toward Yoon ah. "Go on."

Yoon ah took a deep breath and played with her fingers a bit, restlessly. "I'm eighteen and I ran away from my home because my mom and dad were fighting about me. They are fed up with me so I did them a favor and left my village. Now I'm here, with you weird people who just laid a dead man at my welcome," the girl chuckled.

"He was planning to kill us so we will kill him," Jay said as he shrugged his shoulders. "Karma, I guess."

Yoon ah nodded her head. "Okay then it's fair."

"Why did you ask us for help anyway?" Jungwon asked as he leaned back on the couch. He yawned out of fatigue. It was almost evening and the sun was already slowly setting. "Is it because of your parents?"

"Pretty much," Yoon ah replied as she pouted her lips. "My dad is an asshole and my mom is a slut. I hate it there and was pretty much abused there at home. The police even found it so unsafe for me once that I had to go to a temporary home for a while."

Sunoo slapped his hand over his mouth. "Oh gosh, that must have been intense for you!" He said in sympathy.

"Wasn't that bad. I'm used to it."

Everyone in the room kept their mouths shut, leaving a silence. Hyewon looked at Yoon ah from head to toe with a judgmental look. Yoon ah looked back at her and rolled her eyes.

Hyewon saw it and angrily got up from her chair. She clenched her fist and held it in the air, ready to punch the newcomer if necessary. "I'll pluck those eyes right out of your head and stomp on them until all the blood is squirted out!"

"HYEWON!" Sunghoon and Heeseung simultaneously screamed and pulled her back onto her chair. Haneul, Riki and Jay watched in shock as Hyewon spat those words out of her mouth and Sunoo looked at Hyewon in immense fear.

Miyoung rolled her eyes and leaned closer to Yoon ah. "She just came from a mentally disturbed hospital for psychopaths," She whispered in Yoon ah's ear. "Don't pay too much attention to her."

Yoon ah smiled. "It's okay," She whispered back. "I like her, but sooner or later she will regret her words."

"Hyewon, are you crazy?" Sunghoon said shouting. "You can't just say something like that to someone!"

"Oh sure I can!" Hyewon crossed her arms. "Don't you see how bitchy that chick is being? I've never seen such a horrible person-"

"Go to bed! I can't listen or look at your angry face and words anymore!" Jay interrupted her angrily as he pointed to the stairs. "Your behavior only creates tension between all of us. Leave this room! Leave."

Hyewon groaned and threw her head back. She got up and walked away without turning her head back. She did call out a few more unintelligible words, which were probably swear words. Then there was the sound of a door slamming shut.

Everyone in the room sighed. "That crazy bitch," Riki cursed under his breath.

"I have a headache," Haneul said and ran toward the kitchen, ready to take her painkillers.

"I'm going out to smoke," Jay said and got up, heading for the front door.

Miyoung also got up. "I want a puff too," She said and ran after Jay.

Jungwon sighed. She wasn't lying, she was indeed falling back into her old habits.

Everyone else in the room just started chatting with each other, hoping the darkness outside will arrive soon so that they can sleep and try to find a solution to get out of this place tomorrow.

Good night...