14. KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV - EVERYONE -

3RD PERSON POV
- EVERYONE -

The sun was almost at the top of the heavens

The sun was almost at the top of the heavens. A cold wind swept over land, causing the sea to surge.

Riki, Miyoung and Yoon ah had risen early. Miyoung didn't close an eye all night, Riki wanted to play on the beach, and Yoon ah woke up because of Riki accidentely throwing sand on her face.

Miyoung was walking on the pier. Yoon ah had figured her out and wandered over there, which was definitely a long walk. Riki was busy building a sand castle right near the group.

With the grains of sand, Riki tried to build a sand castle, but every time it collapsed because of the fact that the sand was extremely soft and did not stay on the pile of the rest. Riki dug into the sand with his hands to get lower to the harder, colder sand.

His hands got deeper and deeper and the surface got colder and colder, until suddenly he felt something so cold, almost frozen, and it didn't feel like sand. Riki looked down and his eyes widened.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Riki yelled loudly, waking everyone up except Jay, who was sleeping deeply.

Heeseung groaned. "Shut up, I'm trying to sleep," he muttered irritably while rolling back and forth in the sand.

"Not shut up! Look what I found," Riki said in a shocked tone, which made everyone worry.

Everyone sat down next to Riki or stood behind him, looking at the thing he had found. The whole group, except for those who weren't there or were still sleeping, gasped. Their eyes radiated nothing but pure fear.

"What is that?" Hyewon said as she took a step back.

"Is that a face?" Haneul shouted. "Is someone buried under the sand here?! Dead?!"

Sunghoon looked closely at the face. Terrified, he suddenly burst into tears. "Mieun..." He muttered under his sobbing.

Sunoo turned his head towards Sunghoon. "What is wrong? Are you okay?" He asked.