13. PINKY PROMISE

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV - JUNGWON AND MIYOUNG -

3RD PERSON POV
- JUNGWON AND MIYOUNG -

Side by side they walked along the edge of the sea

Side by side they walked along the edge of the sea. Occasionally a small puddle of seawater slipped between their feet. Jungwon turned his head toward Miyoung, who was busy with her own things. He swallowed, not daring to start the conversation.

"Remember when you told me I was strong?" Miyoung said and crouched down. The sand slid over her toes and shortly after she looked up at Jungwon, who was standing next to her.

Jungwon nodded. "Yes. I remember that," He replied, almost relieved that she was starting the conversation.

Miyoung sighed and turned her head back so she was facing the sea. She tilted her head slightly. "I'm not strong. I'm pathetic."

"You're not pathetic."

The girl stood up angrily. "I am, Jungwon! Just admit it!" She shouted, out of nowhere, startling Jungwon.

Quickly, he grabbed Miyoung's wrist. "You're not and if you were I wouldn't even admit it!" He yelled back, right in her face, hoping she would pick up on it now, but instead Miyoung suddenly started crying.

She sobbed and wiped away her tears with the hand Jungwon wasn't holding. Her cheeks turned red, so did her eyes. Jungwon completely forgot she is high sensitive... She tried to remove her wrist from Jungwon's grip, but the grip only grew stronger. "Let go of me!"

"Listen to me Miyoung!"

"I'd rather die than listening to you!" Miyoung suddenly spat out.

Jungwon gasped, softly, and bit his lower lip. He let go of Miyoung's wrist. "What do you mean?" Jungwon said with the feeling that a knife had been pierced into his heart.

"I hate my life," Miyoung began. "I want to die."

"Don't," Jungwon replied shortly. Still his voice skipped. "Please don't."

"Why not?" Miyoung asked as tears streamed down her cheek. "No one cares about me!"

"I care!"

"I have no one left!"

"You have me!" Jungwon said.

"My life is just a piece of sh-"

Suddenly, the sad girl felt a pair of lips against hers. Her eyes widened and saw none other than Jungwon in front of her. His lips...

They were soft, tender. His lips against her made her heart skip a beat. Not from feeling butterflies or any sign of love, because of shock. Is this how it feels when someone kisses you?

It didn't feel good, but it didn't feel right either.

Gently, Miyoung pushed on Jungwon's chest with her flat hand, causing Jungwon to distance himself right away.

He quickly shook his head and ran his hands through his hair. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't do something like that. I'm so stupid! Oh fuck, I am embarrassed."

"It's okay," Miyoung said, reassuringly. "I needed it. Kinda..." She said, whispering the last word.

"Do you promise not to leave me and fall back into your old habits, please?" Jungwon asked.

"Pinky promise." Miyoung's lips formed into a barely noticeable smile and raised her pinky finger into the air. She chuckled as she wiped away her last tears.

Jungwon raised his pinky finger into the air as well and the two curled their fingers around each other. A promise.

They smiled at each other before giving each other a hug. Jungwon interrupted the hug and a red gleam appeared on his face.

"Jungwon! Miyoung!" Someone suddenly called out from the side. Both friends were startled and turned to the source of the sound. It was none other than Jake running towards them with three cans in his hands.

Once Jake arrived, he handed the two both a can and opened his own. He took a sip. "I was looking for you guys," He said and looked up at the two, whose faces and eyes were both slightly reddened. "Are you guys okay?"

Miyoung pursed her lips and nodded. "We're fine, right Won?"

Jungwon nodded along swiftly, until his eyes fell on the text of the can. "Beer? You know Miyoung can't drink this. It has alcohol in it!"

"I know but we really need to get something to-" Jake was interrupted by the sound of a can being opened and then a sip being taken.

Jungwon rolled his eyes. "Seriously Miyoung? You know you can't drink that!"

"I'll only drink one, don't worry. I'll keep my promise," Miyoung said and walked away, back to where they came from.

Oh gosh, this is going to be a long night.

The evening sun. The orange-colored evening sun gave the earlier blue afternoon sky a beautiful, reddish pink color. Enjoyable, was the right word.

The group was reunited again. They were all sitting on the beach enjoying the sun. They had snacks and drinks, just no shelter. After all, it didn't matter to the group. All that mattered was that they were alive and had everything they wanted with them.

And if they really wanted shelter, they'd just have to go sit in the old man's ugly, rusty truck.

It was 9:30 in the evening. Seagulls were flying along the horizon. Waves collided and clattered against the pier. A breeze was building.

Everyone was eating, hungry, except Miyoung, who hadn't eaten in over 4 days. She was more enjoying the sun, drinking alcohol, so drunk that she almost fell asleep. Her legs were so weak, she could fall dead at the moment.

"We did it, right? We achieved our goal..." Haneul smiled and leaned her head on Jay's shoulder, staring together at the beautiful sunset.

"We did it," Sunoo nodded cheerfully. "Nothing can go wrong now, right? We're in a beautiful location, nicely situated, gorgeous scenery and we're together."

Riki smiled. "But we are all incredibly tired," He said and turned his head toward Sunghoon. "Even he is already snoring!"

The group chuckled at the sight of Sunghoon sleeping among the grains of soft sand.

"Let's go to sleep too then," Hyewon said and lay down next to Sunghoon. She closed her eyes immediately.

Everyone else also lay back except for the dumbfounded Miyoung, who still continued to walk restlessly around the beach.

One beer became five after all....

"Sleep tight," Jay said. "Let's hope we can survive this adventure."