10. MAKING A PLAN

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV - AROUND THE CAMPFIRE -

3RD PERSON POV
- AROUND THE CAMPFIRE -

The sun was rising, giving the sky a yellowish, pink color

The sun was rising, giving the sky a yellowish, pink color. White clouds on the horizon showed the black silhouettes of birds flying past in front of the image. Wind rustled through the trees and tall grass, and the water in the small lake was slowly undulating.

It was soothing.

At the campfire the teens had made the day before, those left behind had fallen asleep. They were chatting all that night and when the clock hit about the 1 o'clock mark, they closed their eyes for a deep sleep.

The morning sun shone into Jungwon's eyes, slowly waking him up. He slowly blinked his eyes and sat upright in the grass. He looked around, only to see Heeseung still sleeping, Riki and Jake busy at the little lake a few feet away trying to touch the water from the dock, and how Jay and Haneul were having fun joking about last night.

But wait, wasn't Miyoung here yesterday too? And Yoon ah too?

Jungwon turned his gaze to the two friends, Jay and Haneul, who were the only awake persons around. "Where are Miyoung and Yoon ah?" He asked worriedly to the two.

Jay and Haneul stopped talking to each other and looked at Jungwon. Jay held up his shoulders. "Yoon ah had gone to check on Hyewon and Sunghoon and honestly, I don't know where Miyoung is at the moment," he replied.

"She said she was going for a walk," Haneul added.

Jungwon sighed softly and nodded. "Okay."

"Guys! Look what we found!" Someone shouted from afar. It wasn't that far though, as it was Riki who was playing with Jake a few feet away by the small lake.

"OH MY GOD RIKI!" Haneul shouted when she saw Riki coming running towards them with something in his hands.

Haneul her scream woke up Heeseung as well. His eyes widened almost immediately and he immediately dove backwards a bit. Jay and Jungwon looked on with a dirty look.

"What, isn't this a cutie?" Riki giggled as he held the object closer to Haneul's face. Haneul screamed and dove backwards, causing her to bump into Jay. Riki could do nothing but laugh from her reaction. "Calm down!" He said. "It's just a little fish!"

"A small, newborn perch," Jake said as he approached at ease. "But when they get older later on then-"

"I don't want to know anything about it! I HATE fish!" Haneul whined.

"Riki put that fish away," Heeseung said anxiously. "I don't like those animals. Dirty sea creatures."

Everyone except Jungwon shot into laughter because of Heeseung. Riki quickly ran toward the small lake and threw the fish back into the water. Jungwon, meanwhile, looked around restlessly, searching for Miyoung.

Had she run away?

"Jungwon!" A familiar voice called Jungwon's name, a voice that sounded like delight to Jungwon's ears.

So she hadn't run away (thankfully). She was indeed just as Haneul said earlier taking a walk.

Jungwon turned around, hearing his name. His vision showed nothing but Miyoung running towards him. He smiled seeing her.

"You're awake!" Miyoung said cheerfully (the first time ever) as she sat down in the grass next to Jungwon and laid her head down on his shoulder. She gave a glance at Jay. "Do you have a cigarette for me?"

Jay nodded and handed the girl a cigarette. Miyoung herself knew to have a lighter with her. She put the cigarette between her lips and provided a flame from the lighter. A small cloud of smoke formed after lighting the stimulant. Miyoung then threw the lighter to Jay, who immediately took a cigarette as well.

Haneul immediately rubbed her forehead with her hand and took her familiar box of painkillers from the pocket of her sweater she was wearing. "That smell of those stupid things of yours is giving me a headache," Haneul said as she swallowed a pill, without having anything of water.

"It's not the smell of nicotine anymore," Riki said. "You've already become addicted by now," He continued as he ran his hand through his hair and sat down next to Haneul. He took the jar of pills from her and read all the words on it.

"Give that back," The pill-addicted girl commanded as she held her palm flat in the air in front of Riki, hoping he would listen and put the pills on it, but he didn't. Instead of giving it back, the teaser put the pills in his own coat pocket. Haneul sighed deeply. "Riki, come on! I need it! I really can't live without those pills anymore you know!"

Heeseung scoffed. "Do you even hear what you're saying yourself at all?"

"Addicted," Sunoo said blending into the conversation, suddenly.

Everyone was shocked by the sudden entrance of Sunoo, who was nowhere to be seen before this.

That's right! Sunoo had also disappeared, of course.

"Where were you?" Jake asked Sunoo as he quickly ran up to him, shaking the cheerful boy back and forth by his shoulders.

"I was showering? Is that okay?" Sunoo said confusedly, thinking showering is a big deal.

Jake immediately let go of Sunoo and bit his lower lip. "Sorry."

"Where have you been this whole time actually, Miyoung?" Haneul asked so as to stop the talk of painkillers. She didn't want to talk about it anymore, it was too sensitive.

Miyoung sighed and went to turn around 90 degrees, then lay down in the grass, with her head on Jungwon's lap. Jungwon began to blush. "I was walking by in front of the house when it struck me that we had forgotten that of course the man came driving up in a truck," Miyoung began. "So what if we can do something with that car and accomplish our journey to another city."

Sunoo's mouth fell wide open. "That's such a good plan!"

"But how do you plan to carry that out?" Heeseung asked out of the blue.

"What do you mean? Surely we can just get in that car and continue to flee." Riki asked. "We also have to flee because sooner or later there will be a search for that man because he hasn't been with his family for days and so he is missing and so-"

"We can't flee that easily," Heeseung interrupted Riki, which made him sigh. "How are we going to get car keys? That man is already buried by now and probably still has those keys in his pocket so we're not going to get them. Second, we don't know the directions. So we're just going to drive somewhere blind and see where we end up? We have no map, nothing! We don't even know where we are right now!"

"Damn..." Jay said and blew out smoke from his cigarette. "That's a tough job."

Jungwon blew his cheeks full of air from the fact that one small plan should need so much preparation. Jake widened his eyes. Not even his smart brain could think of this. Or it was still just too early in the morning to function properly...

"We can't escape this hell as long we don't have anything," Heeseung continued.

"Actually," Sunoo smirked, causing the group around the campfire getting curious. "We do have anything to escape this hell," He continued. "Not anything, we have someone...

Yoon ah."