01. THE LUNCHROOM

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV- HANEUL, JAY AND RIKI -

⩩ 3RD PERSON POV
- HANEUL, JAY AND RIKI -

It wasn't long before the long hand of the clock hit noon and the school bell went off in all the hallways

It wasn't long before the long hand of the clock hit noon and the school bell went off in all the hallways. It was heard in every classroom and without letting the teacher finish their talk, every student was already standing up, packing their bags and leaving the room.

Every student wanted a break at this point, logical right? You could finally chat freely with your friends or smoke a cigarette in front of the school. Maybe do drugs in the alley behind the school? Who knows! It's all possible.

Haneul, the girl at the back of the classroom, stood up from her seat when she suddenly became dizzy. Her head began to thump. She hissed in pain. Quickly rummaging through her bag, she grabbed a bottle of water and a box of pills from her bag.

"Another headache?" Someone said to her out of the blue. Haneul flinched and turned around, only to see Jay and Riki standing next to her with a worried look on their faces. The girl nodded, put a pill on her tongue and swallowed it away with water.

"Yeah," Haneul replied. "I'm just not feeling quite right today, but everyone has their days."

"But Haneul," Jay began. "You've been taking all of these painkillers for the past few days. It seems like you're becoming addicted to them and therefore getting these symptoms like headaches. Maybe it will only get worse in the future-"

"Nothing to worry about, but thanks for your concern," Haneul quickly interrupted Jay before putting her things back in her bag and closing it. She tossed the bag over her shoulder. "Where did you want to eat?"

Riki shrugged. "It' s up to you to choose."

"I don't want to choose," Haneul said irritably.

"At least outside so I can smoke my cigarette please," Jay said with a sarcastic smile. "My body has cravings for nicotine."

Riki gave Jay a punch with his elbow, making him hiss. "That nicotine addiction of yours is becoming a thing too, you know! You spend dozens of dollars just to give yourself some sense of happiness. It's not worth it, is it? Go see a therapist or something-"