chapter two.

the vanishing of  Will Byers

november 7th 1983

Hopper pulls up outside the school, looking over at her as he pulls the handbrake up and rests his hands on the wheel, "Wait."

She pauses, hand on the handle of the door as she looks back over at him, "I'm not gonna tell your parents, okay? But this is the last straw."

"Okay."

She opens the door, pushing it open, but he calls her name, stopping her just before her foot hits the floor, "Dallas, what is this?"

"The last straw, I get it."

He nods, "Do you need me to pick you up later?"

"No."

"No?"

She gets out, closing the door to lean against it as she talks to him through the open window, "No, I'm working tonight."

"How are you getting home?"

"Stacey. She said she'd give me a lift, she lives a few houses away."

"You staying with your mother or father?"

"Mother."

"What lesson do you have first?"

"Jesus, is this an interrogation or something? I've got school."

"Straight home!" She nods, raising her brows as she lifts her headphones onto her head and pushes off the car to walk away.

She walks backwards waving at him with a forced smile before twisting her hand around and giving him the middle finger as he pulls off.

She adjusts her bag as she walks inside, double checking she has the right books in her bag as she hums the song coming through her headphones, "Ah, Miss Hopper, just the student I was looking for."

She sighs, turning around, pausing midway through picking out a good song to play on her cassette as she hangs the headphones around her neck.

Mrs Wilson, her English teacher walks around the corner, a student in tow.

"Follow me. I'd like to talk to you for a second."

She watches her pass, glancing at the kid behind her, Steve Harrington. The King of Hawkins High.

She sighs, following them into her classroom which is just up the hallway, "Am I in trouble?"

"No, no," Mrs Wilson shakes her head, watching her fidget with a button on her jacket, "Have you met Steve Harrington?"

He gives a tight lipped smile to her, taking one hand from his pocket to give her a little wave, she looks him up and down, giving a nod before glancing back at Mrs Wilson.