chapter five.

trick or treat, freak

october 31st 1984.

"Bye, guys." She waves off the Byers siblings, Will smiling as he waves back before she walks up the steps of Tina's house which is already overrun with people.

There's a guy being sick in some bushes, one of his friends laughing as he tips some bottled drink over his back instead of helping. There's some senior couple making out not too far from that, and another junior passed out on the floor. There's a crowd gathered around a keg stand that she forces her way through, ignoring the laughing and chanting.

She squeezes her way through the sea of people and into the kitchen needing to be at least tipsy if she was going to stay here.

She grabs a plastic cup dunking it into the bowl and drinking it before going for another, she sniffs at the liquid and her lips curling but she takes another sip anyway.

"Hey," She looks up seeing Kevin appearing in front of her, he's dressed as Rocky, a pair of red shorts on and tied together boxing gloves over one shoulder, a matching red hair band holding his hair back.

He smiles at her, looking genuinely happy she's here as he holds out a nicer looking for her to take.

"I've been looking for you, Dallas Hopper."

"Well, you found me, Kevin Jordan." She gives her awkward little smile, dimples showing, lips sealed and the corner of her mouth turned down a little.

"Let me get you another one," He says, trying not to judge how fast she had downed it, one hand on her back he guides her towards the good stuff, "Come on."

She accepts the cup, and his hand when he pulls her into the crowded living room, some Mötley Crüe song is playing through the house and she laughs as Kevin twirls her.

Someone shoves into the back of her, sending her into Kevin's bare chest, her drink splashing over him, "Sorry."  He splays a hand over her back, holding her to him as he glares at someone over her shoulder.

"Hey, watch it man."

The boy dressed in leather doesn't even acknowledge them as he's guided over to Steve and Nancy, Dallas lets her eyes fix on Steve as he takes his sunglasses off, looking the newcomer up and down, Nancy rolls her eyes, turning around and walking off as the two step closer to each other.

Steve turns, following after her quickly into the kitchen and Dallas turns back to Kevin, arms wrapping around her neck, drink almost tipping down his back, "Let's dance."

Six cups of the weird punch, and two bottles of a random beer that was in the fridge later Dallas is leaning against Kevin as he guides her upstairs.

"If you're going to be sick please wait until we get to the bathroom, Tina will kill me."