chapter seven.

the sauna test

july 2nd 1985.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in those boxes, in that room, they really don't want anybody finding it."

Dustin paces in front of his sister who sits in front of the open window to the store, legs crossed at the ankle, hands resting beside her as she leans forward, Robin and Steve sits at the desk, Robin clutching an ice cream scoop as Steve sits with one leg resting on the chair beside them and one hand twirling his schoop's hat around his finger.

"But there's gotta be a way in."

Steve blows on his hat to make it go back into shape and tosses it down onto the table, "Well, you know, I could just take him out."

"Take who out?" Robin tilts her head.

Dallas mirrors the girl tilting her head as she swings her legs back and forth, "Like, on a date?"

"The Russian Guard." Steve ignores Dallas' comment rolling his eyes and Robin nods as she leans back.

"What?" He shrugs slightly as he leans forward, dropping his leg from being propped up on the chair, "I sneak up behind him, I knock him out," He moves a hand to play with some hair, "And I take his key card. It's easy."

"Easy peasy?"

He points at Dallas and nods, "Easy peasy."

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin stops pacing and crosses his arms as he leans beside his sister, both of them tilting their heads and looking down at Steve, for a second he leans back, almost seeing double.

"Yes, Dustin, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking."

Dustin nods, "Ah. Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually won a fight?"

Dallas snorts as she jumps down from the counter and leans back, elbows behind her to hold her up, "Don't be mean, Dust-"

"Thank you."

"He won one with my help."

"With-" Steve stands quickly, "With your help?"

"Tommy H, two years ago."

"I didn't need your help." He says defensively as he leans closer to her.

She raises a brow paying no mind or attention to him as she pretends to check her nails, "Really? Because when I found you he had you pressed up against the car." She turns to look at Robin hiding her smirk, "It was very homoerotic."

He sighs and then steps back a little nodding slowly, "Okay, but what about Kevin Mason? I beat him."

"After I pushed him."."