chapter seven.

the spy

november 2nd 1984

november 2nd 1984.

Dallas looks up from the counter when she hears giggling from near the 'New Releases' stand, there's two girls from one of her classes standing together, both of them are looking at her and when she looks up they whisper, heads together, as they look away.

She rolls her eyes, watching them leave the store, she's about to look away ignoring them, until she sees the familiar grey car across the road.

"Hey, Ray?"

"Yeah?"

"You still have those old golf clubs?"

"In the back, why?"

She stands up straight, eyes still across the road without looking away she ignores his question and says, "I'm gonna take my break early."

"What-?"

He watches her walk into the storage room, and then she reemerges with a club clutched tightly in her hand.

She walks with purpose, club resting on her shoulder as she pushes open the doors, the bell announcing her as the door opens, she crosses the road hand tightening around the handle of the golf club, "Jordan."

He looks up from outside the arcade, smile dropping as she swings the club right into his car window, "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Being a psycho." She smiles sweetly as she brings it back above her head and swings again.

He runs over to her to try and stop her but she raises it towards him, "Don't make me mess up that face of yours, you look pretty today."

He tries to grab her but she steps back, swinging the club and hitting off the side mirror, she swings once more at the driver side window and then drops the club as she takes a step back, hand gripping the handle tightly.

"God, you truly are a Psycho, Dallas Hopper."

"And you have a tiny dick, Kevin Jordan."

She glance at the girl he was talking to who is sitting with wide eyes, "Don't waste your time, he'll sexually assualt you and take phtots of hismelf doing it."

"Sexually assualt you?"

"My uncle's Chief of police, Jordan, Deputy Callahan used to baby sit me and I have Deputy Powell wrapped around my little finger, always have. Who do you think they're going to believe? Me? Or the grandson of old man Jordan?"

"You keep my family's name out of your mouth, you vicious bitch."

"Or what? You gonna stop selling beer to my alcoholic dad? Go ahead," She smiles sweetly, "You'll be doing me a favour."

He grips her shoulder, hand curling around the white blouse she wears beneath her work vest, she grabs his hand, bending his middle finger and forcing him to a knee as he whimpers.